• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

shaking like a leaf with every God given night; bruise & jackel
    jackel
    I follow him.  It's slightly painful, trying to walk the steady pace he sets for us when my body longs to unwind from its taut coil and...and what?  I don't know where he leads me, who he leads me to, therefore I stay poised and it does not take much convincing from my other half to keep me obedient.  

The movement of my black eyes are the only thing that can't be hindered, they roll and turn to mark the landscape they pass wildly in the safety of Rapt's blind spot.  I notice the way he relaxes meagerly, moving us closer to a thing of curved horns with a body cloaked in muddled gold.  A smile threatens to play at the corners of my mouth when introductions spill, and she allows the expression to come to fruition when the nervous stallion touches me, and I lean back into him, my first companion, accordingly.

The horned one snaps, Rapt kneels, and I stand still, denying myself the urge to pick up my smile where it had fallen.

And then my vision begins to darken, shadows spilling over the gentle stallion's master, etching and working him into something far more monstrous.  Whatever sensibilities that still remain within the captivity that is my mind begin to scream, telling me to fear, to run, to flee.  My pulse surges, out of fear more than likely, but where fear should cripple me, it enlivens me, sharpens me.  We want it, we need it.  Just like the hysterics and the pain, just like the drug they all are.

My foot lifts and I intend to move into him, move closer, be nearer. Welcome him.  But no, that's not right, definitely not right.  I falter with an ebony hoof hovering precariously over the ground.  And with a force tossed against my conscious thoughts, Haide rises and shoves me backward, my body mirroring the action with a single retreating step away from him.  Now bathing in a shallow understanding, I lift my head higher, posturing myself into something more akin to shying creature.  My glance passes questioningly towards Rapt, my dark eyes widening, searching for a reassurance I do not need.  

I do this on purpose.  I enjoy our game.

"Thank you," I force softly, my voice wavering.  It could be perceived as nervousness, the way voice flinches. It is not.  It is the aura of excitement that begins to boil within me; that simple thank you having been more so issued to the greater hands at play here, having gifted me with this most fortunate turn of events.  

It's been too damn long.

all this joy, I've got some to share
    devin's∇designs

@[rapt] @[bruise] pls do bad things to her :|

Messages In This Thread
    RE: shaking like a leaf with every God given night; bruise & jackel - by Jackel - 10-10-2018, 05:33 PM