• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm still not done; Arthas/Any Resident

;
    Darrow falls into step with the dappled king without hesitation, following his lead deeper into Sylva.”No, no kingdoms in my history. At least none I belonged to. I’ve only recently arrived from outside Beqanna.” He says honestly, without elaboration. There wasn’t much to tell anyway, no names or places that meant anything here. So much of the past was meaningless to Darrow, and it would mean even less to Arthas or anyone else in this new country. The absence of meaning had likely driven him to this point. Though he couldn’t define what he was looking for. Earlier while in the field he had dryly remarked that it likely involved women. That wasn’t purpose, but he’d find that it he stopped moving long enough, right?

For the most part Darrow is good natured, without the traumas or mental and emotional deviations that altered many personalities. He was untouched by the things that blackened hearts and turned men and women cruel. Not that he was good, or perpetually kind. He’d done things that would bar him from the pearly gates.

The stallion’s gaze roams over the winding gaps between the autumnal trees, but he yields the greater part of his attention to Arthas. Are you here to stay? When Darrow agreed to come here he hadn’t been sure, and maybe it was premature to make a decision without knowing more about the other kingdoms and their credos but he doubted any of the others would permit him the kind of freedoms that Lepis had explained he would have here. ”Yes. I am.” He decides with a conviction behind his words that tastes unfamiliar but erases any idea of poking around other kingdoms in search of something he wasn’t going to find. ”Is there anything I should know?” He inquires over the soft rushing sound of grass and dead leaves beneath their hooves.

Darrow

i've been a teacher and a student of hurt
    i've kept my word for whatever that's worth
    never been last but I've never been first
    no, I may not be the best but I'm far from the worst

@[Arthas]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm still not done; Arthas/Any Resident - by Darrow - 10-11-2018, 08:38 PM