• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign; Breckin
    The steady pull of the tide had caused her hooves to sink heavily into the waterlogged sand, feeling the coarse embrace of grit working into her fetlock.  With a gentle yank, she withdraws from the deep hold the ocean had over her, pulling her limbs one by one outward to settle atop the silken sea floor once more.  A few tired steps bring her back to the slated shores, gaze drifting to notice the way the moonlight catches across the onyx cliffside through the narrow pass they stood within.

But the itch of salt seeping over her skin urges the leopard woman to shake herself out, causing the shell fragments and other ornaments that had collected in her mane and tail to jingle pleasantly as they settled back into their rightful places.  Breckin turns in time to see the way his gilded eyes skim across her ink dotted frame before falling on to the delicate lines of her face.  Her eyes narrow in unsubtle perusal, thankful that she had placed more distance between them as she had retreated back to the land.

"As you can see, I'm still in one piece." Mostly she muses to herself, thinking of the obvious patch of missing fur and mane atop her crest in the shape of Klaudius's mouth.

A faint laugh does escape her when he brings up her lackluster swimming abilities.  "Yes, that must be it."   It was true though, her aquatic skills were very much appalling.  Another task to add to the neverending list then, in order to keep Ivar from harassing her forever--learn how to swim as gracefully as a kelpie.  "They just couldn't figure out the right angle to come at me, I suppose."   She pauses to flash him a bright, duplicitous smile.  "And they got tired of trying."

@[Ivar]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign; Breckin - by Breckin - 10-08-2018, 06:51 PM