• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Travelled half the world to say I belong to you - Breckin

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    She’s silent a short while, until his gaze meets her brown eyes and she utters a name not unfamiliar with him. Klaudius. He frowns. ”I knew he was a prick, but - ” Honestly, Klaudius had just been an annoyance. He had been in Ischia “for Krone”, he supposed, though really all the lavender man seemed to ever think about was himself. Krone had done nothing when several of Brennen’s recruits had moved to Ischia, hadn’t even tried to meet them, but when they voted her out of leadership Klaudius had insisted on her leaving - with the unforeseen (or was it?) consequence of having the former queen get abducted from Tephra’s shores.

Leilan had never liked him, to be honest. But he also had never had any interest in the lavender pegasus, until now.

Breckin’s head is already upon him, sharing her memory. He hadn’t asked for it, so it comes a little as a surprise (if she was going to do that with everything that upset her he figured he had better mentally prepare) but he understands when she comes to the parts at which Klaudius really comes of as a narcissist. Only cared for himself and, okay, the children he’d sired, but the scaled roan knows that all too well - and knows that Klaudius should have had some remorse if he were sane. Apparently, he is not, favouring a threat to Breckin (in their shared state of mind, perhaps she can feel the heat of his blood boiling at that point) and a very unnecessary bite upon escaping.

It’s all over quick, but not quick enough for his mood to change from anger to fury. He’s not blaming Breckin, like she does herself however, but his jaws have clicked together too tight to utter a word for a few seconds, and when he looks at her, his eyes have taken an unnaturally black colour. ”He touches you again, he’s dead.”

But he has a mind, and he can shove this feeling aside, letting the black fade for something blue. For now. It still smothers, but he swallows it, knowing he has no way of venting it right now. And besides, he doesn’t want to see her hurt. ”It’s not your fault. You had every right to question him.” I just wish you had taken someone with you to stand guard. But he doesn’t. Will not. Because he knows she is already beating herself up for it, and knows she has a certain sense of pride in her, too.

”Breckin, dove. I was going to tell you, I’m staying here.” Seems he has bad timing because honestly perhaps she wouldn’t believe he had been planning on it for some time, but instead was making that decision now for her protection. Sure it helped, but that was not the point. ”So I’m thinking my first duty shall be to train you in self-defense... but, anything else?”
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Breckin]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Travelled half the world to say I belong to you - Breckin - by Leilan - 10-01-2018, 01:30 PM