• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Travelled half the world to say I belong to you - Breckin

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    He’s restless by nature, she’s right about that, but one thing neither she or he had expected before, was that he wasn’t entirely whole without her. That she had stolen a piece of him unexpectedly on the day they met, and he’d added yet another piece of his to that part of him that she held, every time he left. In the end, that big gaping hole had consumed him; he’d become that empty shell of himself, a heartless ghost, using whatever means he was given to feel alive - anger, or fake love - until even that was not enough. And in the void of his mind he’d finally concluded he just needed to be with her or hear her say that she’d be happier with someone else; either which way he needed her to be happy, and she’d restored him that day but kept his heart all the same.

He didn’t mind, of course. It just meant that even Ischia’s tropical climate that had reminded him of his old home, no longer felt like home. It had become home less and less and so, here he was. Switching places.

She was there, of course. Somehow (he suspected she had her own secret hiding place from where to overlook the kingdom borders most close to the river) she had taken it upon herself to make a point of greeting him whenever he visited. But it’s like he promised her once before. He’d always come home to her, and today he was going to make that definite.

Her sly smile is the first greeting that he gets, perhaps not too obvious for an outsider, but it just means she’s happy to have him back. At least that’s what he makes of it; she doesn’t need words to get him to love her anyway, she just has to open up that tiny bit to let him in where others meet her stony walls. So, he greets her with a smile, a touch, a breath upon her skin, a hug, and a stir, stop of motion when he reaches a spot on her that is definitely missing some hairs - and skin?

He makes a displeased sound, though it is absent; not directed at her, and followed by a sighed, ”Oh daina,” sounding almost defeated. He should never have left at all, should have just stayed and sent someone else with his messages. Or well, should maybe just have done them one by one instead of all in one go. Would have made it more plausible that he could be here when this happened. If not to prevent it then at least be here the very next hour.

He retreats from there, looking for her eyes instead, questioning her. ”Who do I tear apart for that?” Of course, it’s possible that it was an accident. But knowing her nature, he doubts that she would have been walking the cliffs with someone on such a slippery spot that they’d grabbed her like that to prevent a fall. Because, well, she wouldn’t have gone to such a place or not continued when the road became too small for two, so that’s just like, well a chance of one in a million.

So a definitive bite mark like that - well, obivously someone had wanted to hurt his queen, and for that fact, they would be sorry. One way or another.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Breckin] so I guess I’m starting with Italian nicknames till he finds one she likes. Thank Simeon for that.
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Travelled half the world to say I belong to you - Breckin - by Leilan - 09-29-2018, 02:10 PM