• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Travelled half the world to say I belong to you - Breckin
    She found herself standing watch more often then not, her burdened mind normally somewhat relieved by the simplicity of gazing below her cliff top perch.  It had become a favored spot of her, one she retreated to on a regular basis when the usual inter-kingdom business allowed her to do so.  Except for lately, she no longer found that simple grace in losing herself to the distant horizon, not after having let the formerly imprisoned Klaudius slide past her that winter's night.  It had slowly begun to consumer her, seeping into every possible thought of hers in some form or another.  Stunned is what she had been initially, followed by guilt laden for even allowing him to breeze through her, for allowing it to happen, and then slowly anger had begun to ebb its way to the forefront.  This emotion she clung to fervently, out of fear of what kind of feelings would take over had she let it go; she was in no state of mind to allow panic to take root, fearing that she might lose herself entirely if given the chance. 

The subtle throb in her neck was a daily reminder, poking at the irritation with herself and the purple stallion both.  She would have to do something, something soon--he was a danger and threat to others in Beqanna, and she hardly cared about how much of threat he might pose to her yet.

Movement in her periphery causes her vacant stare to refocus, head turning toward the familiar shape of Leilan as he nears the border, returning from heaven knows where.  Aside from a few of his family members that called the kingdom home, and maybe herself, he had no loyalty to Nerine, so it didn't surprise her that his roaming led him away at times.  But she'd grown used to his frequent presence, and even though she understood the need for him to leave, it did little to dull the ache in her heart every time the need called for him to do so.

She's there waiting to intercept him just beyond the breach of boundaries, a shy smile pulling at her lips when he finally comes into view.  "Welcome back," she offers, and she wonders how long it will take him to notice the obvious wound along her crest.  

@[Leilan] here you go because I guess I always can find some quick muse for Leilan :|

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Travelled half the world to say I belong to you - Breckin - by Breckin - 09-28-2018, 10:50 PM