• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And the good guys never get the girl; Aten, Brennen, any
    Ilma's reply was simple, but gave Aten the impression she had something, even minor, to hide. Still, he didn't press the matter. If she wasn't hiding anything, it would make sense as to why she was remembering something from this place so clearly. Seeing it only once in a while gave it a whole new feel of wonder and stunning. No doubt Ilma was remembering the last time she came here when she gained that faraway look in her eyes.

The pair were soon joined by the presence of another, a stallion, with a glowing bay coat, a powerful stature, a silky black mane and tail, and a pair of feathered wings to match. Aten hardly batted an eye at the appendages on the stallion's back as he came up to greet them, calling out 'Hello' in a low, calm, soothing voice.

Aten noted the minute tense strain in his muscles, something that told him to be cautious, but not present himself as a threat or one that overreacted at the simplest of readings. He forced himself to remain light in his posture, to show the bay stallion he was not here to cause any sort of harm. Even though Aten was a capable fighter, he had no doubt the stallion would best him in competition should he choose to fight in the sky.

He greeted Ilma first before introducing himself as Brennen, welcoming the duo to the island kingdom. Before Aten could introduce himself, Ilma cut in, apologizing for the late hour of their arrival before moving on to the purpose of their arrival here. Aten's gaze moved from the mare to the stallion, and before he spoke, he bowed his head as a sign of respect.

"Well met Brennen," Aten spoke in a proud, even tone. "As my companion already introduced my name, and our purpose here. I have heard a great deal about your kingdom from Ilma on our travel here. Sadly, not much more than what she can share; I've not spent a great deal of time among the company of those living in the Field as of late.

"True, I might grow to like your kingdom, but I am wondering what you could tell me about it? I do not wish to make myself part of the puzzle if I feel I will not fit in a place here somewhere."

@[Ilma] @[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: And the good guys never get the girl; Aten, Brennen, any - by Aten - 10-07-2018, 09:29 PM