• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // kensa!

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

In the wake of his surprisingly suave words, Kensa seems to lose her own voice; and for a warmly confused moment, they are both silent. She breaks their eye contact, sending her gaze away as if that could hide the heat which rises to her cheeks becomingly. Rhae feels a little sheepish for having come on so strong, but a larger part of himself enjoys the way she blushes and squirms from his mere presence. That same feeling he'd had with Chryseis after their run returns to him, that tingling feeling of novelty and ardor - but his current paramour is sidling closer to him, erasing any memories of anything except her, and the warmth of her body, and the sparkle in her eyes.

When she bobs her head, gesturing for him to pull her close, he carefully obliges; but after gingerly setting his feathers against her, her closeness and her scent dissuade any hesitation he'd yet been holding on to. She's speaking, but he barely hears her; instead, he pulls her as close as she'll come, the muscles of his shoulder and wing joint cramping - but not enough for him to let her go. His nose finds her cheek, nuzzling it in a confused mixture of innocent romantic attraction, and something definitely else.

But she breaks his hold by tugging on his mane, speaking again as she whirls away like a summer storm; and he finds himself caught - happily so - in the drafts of her wind. Laughing his clicking laugh, the prince shakes his head to rid himself of such hotheaded thoughts, trying to think of the things he loves that he could show her and somehow only being able to picture her in his head.

Snorting loudly, the colt kicks up his own heels and follows after her, playfully nipping at his haunches, giving into the instinctual role of herding his mare - but he is only a colt, and he is soon running alongside her, the wind whipping through his mane and howling enough for the both of them. As they cavort, the scenery gradually passes, and it's not long until their hooves clatter against the rocky base of a mountain, the lake magically unfurling just below them as if it had been hiding all along.

Breathless, Rhae tosses a carefree grin to Kensa, wondering where her delightful presence would take them next.

Rhaegor

@[Kensa]
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I kept my hope just like I hoped to // kensa! - by Rhaegor - 09-30-2018, 04:17 PM