• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I praise the Lord, then break the Law || Brennen, Any ||
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    There’s tension between the others; not a lot, but enough to make him aware. He glances at Leilan again, curious, but doesn’t say anything about it at this point, choosing to let his younger companion’s presence stand on its own. Not for the first time, Leilan reminds him of a young Nihlus, and don’t let it be said that he didn’t  learn from association with his strange rain-maker friend. He’d rather Leilan not antagonize their visitors overmuch (at least not before he decides how he himself feels about them), but he learned a long time ago not to censure anyone in the presence of others unless absolutely necessary.

He meets the effervescent Wolfbane’s eyes over the boy’s toothy smile and settles in to listen, briefly turning to Lepis to give her a respectful nod when she introduces herself. The leader of Loess has much to offer in the way of reassurance and promises, but Brennen isn’t quite inclined to give him the full benefit of the doubt yet – they are too much strangers, with little to bond them. Lepis, in her turn, adds promises on behalf of Sylva that clash quite harshly with the impressions he got from Arthas. Her mate? Her co-ruler? Brennen isn’t sure.

“I am glad that Loess does not condone the actions of Sylva’s past,” The bay answers Wolfbane first, his words carefully chosen. “But I’m afraid I’m a little lost.” Honey-brown eyes drift to meet Lepis’, and there is the slightest of frowns on his face. “You say that you intend to look into this matter as well, but your co-ruler implied quite the opposite. In fact, Arthas didn’t inspire any confidence in me that he cared about what happened to innocents at the hands of Sylvans at all, much less that he intended to look into it.” The two rulers standing with him in the warm sand seem very reasonable, he’s inclined to like them even, but every one of his interactions with Arthas have left a bad taste in his mouth.

He shifts, shuffles his wings slightly, glances up at the bright blue sky for a moment before bringing his eyes back down to Lepis and Wolfbane with a hint of a sigh that holds more emotion than his flat gaze and steady voice could ever have hinted. “As I told Arthas, I have no intention of holding the sins of Sylva and her leaders against the Kingdom now, as long as your people do not continue to commit the same crimes. But as I also told him, if I learn the identity of those who harmed my daughters, or Krone for that matter, allegiance to any Kingdom won’t help them.” A pause, deep; “Perhaps it is better if I do not find out unless someone else has already enacted justice, with a fairer hand.” Something flickers deep in his face that indicates he would not be interested in fair, right now. Perhaps not ever.

“What is the relationship between Loess and Sylva, that you can make these promises regarding Sylva’s residents? What relationship are you seeking with Ischia?” He asks of Wolfbane. And then to Lepis, even as he kicks himself for not bringing Ischia’s little lie detector to this meeting. He reaches across his net, locates his grandson but doesn’t act any further yet other than pulsing a little bit down the bond, making the young stallion aware. He doesn’t want to yank Grye from wherever he is to the beach unless he needs to: “And you speak very different things than Arthas expressed. How do I know what is the truth?”

hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

@[Wolfbane] @[Lepis] @[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I praise the Lord, then break the Law || Brennen, Any || - by Brennen - 09-26-2018, 12:30 AM