• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I praise the Lord, then break the Law || Brennen, Any ||
    The roan stallion had not looked quite so reptilian when we had last met, and as we wait for the long-winged bay (who must surely be Brennen) to join us, I allow my blue-grey eyes to flick curiously across the new texture of his hide. My attention catches on the sharp-toothed smile he flashes to Wolfbane and a flicker of memory emerges at the sight, one that I make note to dwell on later. This is not the time.

I consider, for just a moment, the repercussions were I to respond to Leilan's scoff in kind.

Tempting. Very tempting, but the cost is too high. My last run-in with Hyaline is still fresh in my mind. So rather than offering to make Leilan's emotional reaction to our conversation something  more than boring I instead offer him the blandest smile I can muster (fitting squarely into his stereotype of me), and  glance over at Brennen, who I'd greeted politely upon his arrival.

"Arthas and I intended to conduct our own questioning into the disappearance." I add, the declaration making it clear that I have as much say in the autumnal kingdom as the dappled king they are all used to dealing with. I consider sharing more, but so much of what Wolfbane says has already encompassed our intentions.

"We plan on restoring Sylva's reputation in Beqanna; I've no intention of letting the place continue to fester. I came here personally to make sure that the forest doesn't suffer for the transgressions of her previous rulers." Here I hold Brennen's eye, knowing all to well the circumstances of his last interaction with a Sylva monarch. My husband is not the most diplomatic fellow, but I know that he means well.

@[Wolfbane]
    @[Leilan]
    @[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I praise the Lord, then break the Law || Brennen, Any || - by Lepis - 09-22-2018, 02:38 PM