• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Call me whatever you want - Leliana

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    Perhaps - no, probably, no, really - he is indeed kind at heart. But there were things in his past that had twisted him; the border between love and hate had been crossed briefly, and he'd lashed out in the ways he knew - with anger, and with a lust-driven carelessness that had given him children he by now isn't entirely sure what to do with. How to solve his relationships with their mothers.

But Leliana strikes a core. It's a renewal of a believe planted firmly in him when he was weak and slowly recovering from dying at the mountain-base; it's what the fairy had said. Children need their father. He sighs. If only she knew. But when she repeats she wished she had her father in her life; he looks up at her and blinks, then nods. Determined. Fine. He'll make the effort, even if Roseen doesn't want him to. They still live in Nerine. Besides, he also has Chryseis, and Ophanim, to care for (if Jenova comes by anyway).

Leliana however, latches on to his admission, and he gives her a foolish grin. "Don't know who's the lucky one, but yet." Extremely special. "I bet you two'd get along very well. She's more of a diplomat than a fighter, though she has a certain kind of stubbornness and can be carefree sometimes, too." Cocking his head at the description, he thinks it's pretty solid. She's more than kind, of course, but that's something that he thinks Leliana has already caught up on. But the most important part is, that she (secretly, not really admitting it to the outside world as much) loves his humor or the way he constantly tries to get her attention. There's not many horses appreciating that way of his to get under one's skin, his signature move is to constantly be annoying and keep them on edge. But it sharpens them, and is a great way of testing them - are they easily angered, or are they too kind for those things? It's just that Breckin knows how to play a joke on himself, too, that catches him off guard. Flabbergasted. Still him a moment. Long enough for her to find her way into his heart, he supposed.

Because honestly, the jokes and annoyance, it's just his way of building a wall, and protect his more sensitive core.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[leliana]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Call me whatever you want - Leliana - by Leilan - 09-17-2018, 03:25 PM
    RE: Call me whatever you want - Leliana - by Leilan - 10-12-2018, 08:28 AM