• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  something is bad and it's something within me; zoryn, twins
    He knows. He knows it's going to be bad. Knows he isn't going to like her answer. From the moment she wouldn't meet his eyes, only watched him, standing in silence with this gods-damned wall between them. He knows he's fucking doomed, even as he pushes her to tell him. But he has to. He can't ignore it any longer, can't deny it anymore. It's real, and his mind reels with all the moments they'd shared since the girls were born. Moments when he'd looked over all the signs. Moments that now flood from his memory like he'd broken some kind of dam. Still, he tries. To console her. To convince her things are okay. But her face never changes. Her eyes remain disconnected.

And then all he knows bursts into flames when she opens her disastrous mouth.

“I’m not fine, Zor. I’ve been trying, but I haven’t been fine in a long time.” His brows furrow, the guilt eating at him. He should have noticed it a long time ago. Should have addressed it sooner. If he'd loved her enough, he should have. But she's still talking. He owes it to her to listen. "I’m no good at this, Zor. Worse than Mom was, ‘cause at least she was honest about it. I look at them and I don’t feel...anything. I try. I want to. But there’s just this empty...this void in my chest where my heart’s supposed to be." Okay, wait. No. No. His face tightens and ears pin to his nape. His nose wrinkles at the mention of their mother. And then she compares herself to the wretch. But it's that next part that hurts the most. "You can't mean that. Dizzy..." He grunts with the effort to come up with words when she speaks again. This time, however, her speech comes in a blur as he tries to think of ways to deny it, excuse it.

"..or maybe I broke it all when I fell for Dov.”

All the noise in his head stops. Everything. All of it. Silence. His face falls, and he freezes. It holds for a few heartbeats as his eyes bore into hers, searching, before the beast growls low. Low and slow, until it builds and rises. Similarly, his own voice is much deeper when he forces the word, "What." It coils on itself, fangs dripping, claws extended. Zoryn's face tightens once more, his gaze holding hers. His eyes burn in their sockets as he stares her down. Through his veins, a slow streak of venom spreads and smolders. "Dovev." He barely registers his own voice. Shocked. They haven't seen the bony bastard in.. well, over a year. She states it herself. But still, somehow she's stuck on him. "How could you." The sentence doesn't complete itself. In truth, there are so many ways he could end that question.

His muscles bunch up and suddenly he explodes upward. With no other way to release the pressure inside of him, he exerts his forelimbs out at the air. It isn't enough. Not nearly. Ears flattened, nares flared, he moves to strike the trunk of a tree. The force of it merely shakes it, loosening some bark. But it was more the impact of his body that he needed to feel. The reverberations spreading upward through his limbs to his chest. "HOW." He whirls on her, teeth bared and wishing for the fangs of his beast. "How could you possibly love him. What's there to love?! We haven't seen him in..." An exasperated toss of his skull. "A long ass time, Diz. He hasn't been here for you. For the girls. And yes. I know Zoe is his. It's all in her dazzling little eyes. But I don't care. I'm here. Me."

His eyes seethe, tasting acid at the back of his throat with the fury building within him. He feels this awful hurt within him and it just isn't the same pain that he enjoys. No, this one is worse. Like something ripping apart in his chest from the inside and there was no way to get away from it. But he isn't weak. He could succumb to the tears welling behind his eyes. He doesn't. Instead, he lets it boil over into anger. Rage is much easier to digest, much easier to give into. And oh, it feels so good to give into it. Not to the fact that he brought this on them himself. Zoryn is the one who found Dovev, who latched onto him. He who targeted him and found such joy in pushing those buttons. Taking them all to a new high they'd never been before. But no, he can't think of that now. Dovev. The delicious bastard. It was his fault. Making his beautiful sister feel this way for him and then disa-fucking-ppear. He won't stand for it.

Settling a bit from his display, but tensing up again, he eyes his sister from under dark lashes, voice turning low and rough once more. "So he's the reason you can't love your daughters?" Or me? But he won't touch that one, not now. Hurts too much. Anger is easier, yes. "Maybe you are more like her than we thought." It comes out as a growl, accompanied with a glare. A scoff, next. A shake of his golden crown, edged with black and white streaks. "Do you not hear how ridiculous that sounds?! We said we wouldn't be like them, and you're just giving in. Over him." The last bit ends in a hiss, and to his ears accompanied by the animalistic snarl of the beast within him. Never did he want to release it more than now, and damn the consequences.

He turns away from her, the heat reaching his eyes again and boiling over. A tear falls, followed by another, but  he won't let her see. Can't let her see now what she's doing to him. Clearly it doesn't matter anymore. All that matters to her is Dovev, the monstrous bag of bones. A play toy. That was all he was supposed to be. Goddamnit, fuck. "Fine," he growls, and his voice crackles with fury. His tail whips in his frustration, slapping against his side- a delightful sting. He knows what he needs to do now. For the first time, he hates himself. What he is, how he feels, what he wants. But he won't let her see. "Just fine, Dizzy. If that's what it takes for you to be happy, fine. But don't you dare take it out on those girls. They need you. Don't you let them know what you told me here today. On me, is one thing. Dov, whatever. But they love you and need you. Keep pretending if you must."

Oh, the rage. It lusts through him, burning him alive slowly from within. Licking and gnawing. His beast roars out, the loudest he's heard it in so long. He has to go. Has to do what he must. Haunches bunched, he prepares to sprint off, shoulders flexed and ready. He peeks behind him at her, from behind his dark mane. "I'll still love you forever. I can take it... I'll return." And with that, he bursts forward into motion. Out into the shadows of the trees, barreling through brush and welcoming the sting of low branches scraping against his sides. Once he's far enough, it becomes so easy to slip into his predatory state. A helpless victim would be fine, but there is only one he could seek out to get what he really needs now.
    Star light, star bright, to find the one with stars to bite.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: something is bad and it's something within me; zoryn, twins - by Zoryn - 10-13-2018, 12:16 AM