• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we're not meant to stay forever
    Stillwater
    It was her again, it was them again.
    They were the moon and sun, circling at opposite ends of the earth until that special, rare day they clash, when they meld to one in sublime eclipse.

They're crashing again, by his choice, by his need. Could she see the wild buried deep in his lake-blue eyes? I need you. Need that taste, that beat, the pulse. The only one that can't die.

But there were other matters at hand.

He was secretly grateful that Djinni healed the woman's wounds. Not because he cared, why should he? But because that metallic tang of blood was driving him mad, lightening his eyes, fueling the hunger. His control was not what it once was, his patience so much thinner, his grip fragile. He knew how to hide it, at least. For now.

Until he doesn't.
    But there were other matters at hand.

What more--
    The question clipped short as his eyes sank down. The damned witch. There beneath the gleaming, ornate band around his wrist - that she made him, that she refashioned to suit a king when she set him free - was no longer sleek black skin of bottomless depths. Now brown. Dull, plain, inelegant brown. Not at all like her eyes used to be.

His face twisted in disgust, but he remained silent. A cursory glance of annoyance is all she received in acknowledgement before his attention was solely on the stranger once again. She would change it back... When she saw fit to and no sooner.

You are safe now, he repeated, casually sliding into place beside Djinni as though she belonged there, right there at his side. My Queen and I can protect you from whatever ill fate has found you. He smiled warmly, just barely a hinted emphasis on My Queen

How do you feel about forests? he asked with another glint of amusement sparking to life in his still-water eyes.

Messages In This Thread
    we're not meant to stay forever - by Agnieszka - 09-03-2018, 11:49 AM
    RE: we're not meant to stay forever - by Djinni - 09-03-2018, 12:53 PM
    RE: we're not meant to stay forever - by Djinni - 09-05-2018, 07:30 AM
    RE: we're not meant to stay forever - by Stillwater - 09-06-2018, 08:24 PM
    RE: we're not meant to stay forever - by Djinni - 09-08-2018, 09:16 AM