• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane

She should have known coming here would bring heartache. Should have known seeing the face of her son overlaying that of her grandson’s would hurt. But she is so very good at ignoring things that are inconvenient to her.

He would never know of her regret however. Of her sorrow in the wake of her absence from their lives. All things no one but her would ever know. But even if it was rather later than expected, he would know her. And she would tell him what he wished to know of his father. Of her. Of his grandfather (even if the memories still pick at the raw furrows left behind).

Easily matching his pace, she listens quietly to his reminiscence. As he shares his memories with her. She might be able to see them if she so chose, but there is something altogether different in hearing them from his perspective. A warmth cold image could never impart. A shared grief. And though her throat tightens and her eyes prick, she doesn’t try to stop him. Does not interrupt. She would hear all of it.

When finally his tale winds down and he chuckles, Heartfire shifts her gaze from the landscape to settle upon Wolfbane. A faint smile touches her lips as something like humor flits across her still features. “It is hard to consider myself old enough to be a grandmother,” she responds wryly. Her first less than serious quip since she had found him here. “But you are welcome to call me so if you wish. Otherwise, Heartfire will do.”

She lapses into silence for a long moment then. Her features betray none of her internal turmoil, but his words remind her too much of what she has lost. Finally, she continues, her tone more guarded. Not by any desire for secrecy, but rather a byproduct of her own emotions. “Is there anything in particular you wish to know?”

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

I'm so happy they're doing this thread <333
    Even if it does make me all kinds of sad D:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane - by Heartfire - 10-01-2018, 03:55 PM