• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Dovev

Sometimes life works in entirely unexpected ways. Ways even Heartfire, with all her insight, cannot see coming. And sometimes, apparently, her actions come with consequences (shocking, I know). Ones she had never expected.

When she had scraped him from the meadow, broken, bleeding, and delirious, she had not thought her actions would become such a… long term investment. Indeed, she hadn’t thought ahead much at all, beyond getting what she had wanted at the time. A small act of revenge that had not panned out as she had hoped (even she is not infallible apparently).

Making her way along the rocky cliff face, her feet leaving impressions in the pale sands stretching from cliff to sea, she idly sends her sight out ahead of her. She had learned long ago to never have expectations of him. He is far too bull-headed to ever do what she had expected anyway. With a sigh and a slightly agitated flick of her ear, she finds him with an ease born of practice.

By this point, she has had far too much practice. She should have just left him behind somewhere in the wilds outside of Beqanna.

But then, she’s not entirely certain he wouldn’t have managed to find her again anyway. He seems to have a disturbing knack. As she rounds a corner, she frowns, pale blue eyes wary. She has grown to know him far too well, and a part of her is always apprehensive at what she will find after having left him alone. As she realizes the level of familiarity such a thing requires, her lips quirk into a faintly sardonic smile. Who would have ever expected?

“Dovev,” she greets dryly. “Please don’t tell me what you’ve been doing. I’m sure I don’t want to know.”

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

@[Dovev] :| :|

Messages In This Thread
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Dovev - by Heartfire - 09-02-2018, 09:33 PM