• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising; anyone
    I wake quickly, startling from deep slumber to instant wakefulness in the span of a single second. It is a habit borne of my time in Sylva, when to be asleep was to be vulnerable, and my captivity in Hyaline has caused the old habit to resurface. The mountainous kingdom is far less dangerous than the forested one, but there is no arguing with biology.

Instead I step out from the copse in which I'd slept, yawning widely. My blue-grey eyes take in the broad valley of Hyaline and the glistening jewel of the lake at the heart of it. I stretch my wings after my legs, the long unbroken length of them still something I am reluctant to take for granted. The blue patch on either wing is soon tucked onto either side of my shoulders, the coloring reminiscent of the blackbirds that even now are singing to greet the dawn.

The northern kingdom has had its share of snow during my time here, but the snows of two weeks ago have melted into the earth and the fragile warmth of the winter sun is beginning to warm the slopes as I begin to descend. I know the way by now, the length of my captivity has granted me that. It has granted me very little else, however, and the ever-present scowl across my sharp features is as visible as always. It mars the hard-edged beauty of my angled face, but seems fitting given the plethora of scars that cover my neck, withers, and back.  Nothing about my appearance is inviting, but given my current position - diplomat of a foreign land held captive by a neutral kingdom - that is to be expected.

(i wrote this last night on my phone and don't have time to check for spelling errors. but i have like six seconds between the in-laws leaving and my fam coming so here are words for anyone!)

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 09-02-2018, 01:30 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Solace - 09-03-2018, 02:37 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 09-03-2018, 03:07 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Valdis - 09-05-2018, 11:54 AM