• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hello everyone! [Any]
    I watch with a faint smile as he steps close to the hot spring. The steam will condense on his face if he stay there much longer, I know, and it seems that happens as he pulls away and back into the bitter wind. "My mother told me the heat comes from deep under the earth," I tell him, having asked the same question - in a myriad of variations - as a child. "Though I've never been a good enough swimmer to try and find out how true that is. "

The warm steam from the water is enough that I let my tightly-drawn wings relax, no longer needing them as insulation against the cold. Sunblaze takes in my explanation of Loess' system without objection. "Loess also has an open alliance with Sylva, to the south." I gesture with one wing, pointing to the still-red woods that stand out against the snowy hills around us. "The borders between the two lands are open, and residents may come and go as they please. While Loess does hire out their services to the highest bidder, Sylva will remain a constant ally."

There are more details, more technicalities, but I am not sure that Sunblaze will be interested. There is only one way to find out, I suppose. "What are your talents, Sunblaze? Are you a great warrior? A diplomat with a silver tongue?"

Messages In This Thread
    Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 08-22-2018, 10:11 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 08-23-2018, 07:18 AM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 08-23-2018, 02:47 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 08-29-2018, 11:36 AM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 08-31-2018, 07:12 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 09-04-2018, 07:36 AM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 09-08-2018, 12:54 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 09-15-2018, 10:04 AM