• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'd Like To Meet You All [Any]
    Scorch took a moment to praise Ardashir's efforts, something that made Nalia curious. It was quite literally the stallion's job to go out to places like the Field and recruit potential candidates for the kingdom of Nerine? Well, she was a bit surprised with that, considering the only displays she'd ever seen were stallions brutally fighting over a mare to take to their herd. Nalia herself had gotten caught up in such a display when her dam, at the time when Nalia was barely over two months of age, found herself the trophy between the stallion that ran her herd, and another band rival who sought to go after the pretty black mare.

At the time, the then-young filly didn't quite understand such antics until her dam explained it when she weaned her daughter. She put it lightly, saying stallions fought each other in that manner to claim mares to continue having foals to pass on their bloodline. Nalia had questioned several words of that explanation, mainly 'bloodline', but after some time, it made sense to her young mind. She also asked her dam if that would be her job one day, to which her dam said it would be her choice when she got old enough.

Now, at the age, Nalia hadn't put any mind to it, mostly because she always got away from the stallion before he got near. She just got odd feelings around most of them, and her gut told her to escape. But Ardashir had been different, something about him drew Nalia to him.

Now she understood why he'd been given his position as... Champion, was the word Scorch had used, though that hardly seemed like the right fit since Nalia had heard that word in a different context.

Scorch went on to question Nalia's urge to suddenly appear today, why not before during the time she'd been seeking hideaways in Nerine. The filly tilted her head in thought for a moment before glancing back at Scorch.

"Well, I think it's because I got bored. Ardashir told me there were some interesting horses here, and I wanted to see if I could make any new friends. That, and to see if any of you were as unusual as me," she stated with a flutter of her wings. Nalia was truly unique in that she'd been the only one of her kind in her homeland. However far back the trait that carried the wings went, Nalia had been the one in her family to inherit them. Wherever the gene came from was unknown, all she knew was she was a black sheep among the herd, and for some reason she felt better being around others who had a uniqueness to them like she did.

@[Scorch]

Messages In This Thread
    I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Nalia - 08-15-2018, 06:22 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Scorch - 08-22-2018, 11:35 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Nalia - 08-22-2018, 07:16 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Scorch - 08-23-2018, 09:42 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Nalia - 08-24-2018, 09:02 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Ardashir - 08-26-2018, 07:47 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Scorch - 08-26-2018, 09:06 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Nalia - 08-27-2018, 12:27 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Ardashir - 09-04-2018, 01:05 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Nalia - 09-04-2018, 11:01 PM