• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; any
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He had taken some time.

The stallion knows not all of them will understand; some of them will hold his short absence against him. Others will understand. They had seen the pain and the fury in him when he found out about the murder of his children, and the injury done to others at the hands of Sylva. Some of them, the sensitive, may have felt the tremors of only partially controlled magic that had leaked from the warrior-King when the strong emotions swept through him.

They will understand why he had gone. Though he hadn’t really been gone…just, withdrawn from them. He’d still been around Ischia, always lurking, always protecting.

It had been safer, for all of them, for him to not be amongst them. Until he was under control again. It had been the same, when he got the other magics. The bone bending, and the wind manipulation for a time, and the ice manipulation – those, too, had taken time to control. This, though; this was the ocean to what before had been a pond. But he had the discipline and the focus of a warrior and a partial-mage, and time had let him control the ocean too.

Brennen leaves his refuge, the grove where his lover and his children had always been able to find him, and walks the beach again under the light of the moon, when the glowing sea life have painted the shore in strange green-blue patterns. It’s his favorite time to watch the ocean, and it seems as good a way as any to ease back into the life of his Kingdom. To keep an eye on them as he prepares for what they all have begun to prepare for – Sylva still has to answer for what they have done. He can feel them now, he just has to reach out and there they are – little specks of life. Life that is precious too him.

The allies are ready to go to war, or nearly so, and Brennen is their best weapon. He has always been a weapon – but not like this. Never like this. This is different – the power beneath his skin is more dangerous than it has ever been. They, too, will be wondering where the bay King of the Krakens has been, but before he can face the allies he must face his own people. He must make sure they are ready to go to war, still, even though some time has passed. If they are still ready, even when the initial fury has faded, then it will be the right thing to do.
    It can’t be just his decision.

hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Brennen - 08-13-2018, 08:52 PM