• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Summer School - drama and English
    <link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel|Yanone+Kaffeesatz|Armata' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><center><div style="width:500px; background:url('https://i.imgur.com/LeC9gIW.png');border:1px solid #000; padding:0px;"><div style="width:490px; background: rgba(238, 238, 238, 0.75); padding:5px; margin:20px 0px 20px 0px;font-family:yanone kaffeesatz; font-size:18px; color:#000; text-align:center;">everybody seems so far away from me now</div><div style="width:450px; background:#eee; border:1px solid #000; font-family:armata; font-size:12px; color:#000; padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:5px 15px 5px 15px;text-align:justify;">The jolt of their transportation would have been a little disruptive if Pond hadn’t already been prepared for the teacher’s tricks and hadn’t already been used to the shifting sands of her old home. When Tir finishes explaining their assignment she nods her head...and then notices the contraption on her face. It frightens her and she thrashes for a moment, trying to toss it away because it seems like something that will trap her if she can’t get rid of it. But then a broodmare in the paddock notices her discomfort and hears Pond’s squeals of uncertainty of her impending entrapment.

The mare, a black bay with four stockings and a large blaze, comes to calm the yearling by chuffing to her, calming Pond with gentle nibbles on the filly’s shoulders that might have been helpful. Pond takes several deep breaths and shivers her withers which, in another life, would have eased her anxiety. Pond opens her eyes and looks up at the mare, gleaning a face that may have comforted her some time ago, before her world had been quite ruined and altered. The mare’s coat gleams copper-black in the sunlight and it almost reminds her of her father, had he been here to help her.

“I’m sorry young one,” the mare says to her and Pond looks at her with what would have been confusion if she hadn’t already realized what was happening. “It looks like your training begins today. Just try to stay strong, they won’t hurt you.”

Pond snorts in confusion, staring up at the mare for a moment more. “What do you mean? Training? Training for what? To become a queen like my mother?” She may have understood, if they were still in Beqanna.

“Queen?” The mare chortles with a laughing neigh. “Queen of your own personal world, maybe. You’re going to be trained for riding of course.” Pond stares up at the mare in further confusion - riding? <i>What is ‘riding’?</i> She stands there confused as the mare wanders off...and then realizes that there is another creature coming towards her. It is narrow and bipedal, small and thin with something that looks like a snake slung over its shoulder.

She wants to balk and screech, but the narrow creature has snagged her by the face, keeping her from running away by snatching the device on her head. She tries to toss it away again but she still cannot. <i>”Get off of me!”</i> she tries to shout but no sound comes out now.

She is trapped.

The snake-thing is strapped to the contraption on her head and she squeals constantly, pulling back and shouting out how much she hates it, how she wants this to stop. How could this be okay? How could the other horses just let this happen to her? Why would no one help her?

She cries for her mother, for her father…. But they are not here. Eventually she is too tired to fight anymore. Too tired to care. She has been told already that her life is not the same as she once knew. How would she ever make her life the same again? Perhaps this was part of it too. Perhaps she has fallen through the cracks once more.

She is sad. She is afraid. Will the others have left her now? Will the mare from the meadow have forgotten her? Will her parents have forgotten her now? Will her brother Harking have forsaken her in his afterlife? Will she have failed?

She sighs heavily and concedes defeat, following the human’s lead at last.

<div style="text-align:right; font-size:30px; font-family:cinzel;line-height:19px;">POND.</div></div><div style="width:490px; background: rgba(238, 238, 238, 0.75); padding:5px; margin:20px 0px 20px 0px;font-family:yanone kaffeesatz; font-size:18px; color:#000; text-align:center;">everybody just wants to be free</div></div></center>
    Everclear - Oaks - Doctor
    Volcan - Sapere - Sophist

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Summer School - drama and English - by Zain - 08-08-2018, 08:08 AM
    RE: Summer School - drama and English - by Elvin - 08-08-2018, 11:52 PM
    RE: Summer School - drama and English - by Pond - 08-08-2018, 11:53 PM