• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Am Temptation... Apple? // OPEN

His world had changed, or should we say, Beqanna had changed.  Change wasn't always good and when his beloved Jungle had fell into oblivion, he had hid.  Finding the deepest and darkest crevice he could for him and his pretties, he was all but satisfied to remain dormant as most reptiles do come winter.  But he grew hungry and his hunger turned to boredom and well, boredom plus Zed was never a good thing.

Creeping from the borrow he had fashioned so long ago, his face is the first to appear.  Golden eyes blink slackly to adjust pupils to the foreign trickle of light.  This spot had been chosen for the dank darkness, supplied by the grove of thick foliage overhead.  The earth here was fertile and musty with ages of fallen leaf debris.  Glancing about, he sees not much has transpired since he took refuge here after the reckoning.  The land was perhaps new but it was not his Jungle.  

With a forced step, he emerges with a thick coating of moss along his mottled hide.  The thick tangle of tail is caked with mud and tree bits.  Not at all a sight to beheld.  Well, that was easily changed.  His nares flared to draw in the scent of a water source nearby. The scent of algae thick upon the western breeze gave him his direction.

At a leisurely stroll, he finds himself glancing about.  A rock here, a tree there.  It was mundane to say the least.  His only satisfaction would come from the pool of murky waters just ahead.  His hooves sunk deeper into the muck below him, signaling his close proximity.  A smirk crawls across his lips when his eyes finally set upon the reflective surface.  

His, surprisingly thick body, slips into the pool now at his hooves.  The waters washing over him and years of dirt turn to mud. With another stride, he is almost in the center of the lagoon with water covering his back.  Only his head remains visible as he wallows happily.  An occasional movement or sound catches his attention, but otherwise he remains at ease.
     Here he would become a-new...  

Z E D
    -SNAKE KING-

Messages In This Thread
    I Am Temptation... Apple? // OPEN - by Zed - 07-05-2018, 10:21 PM
    RE: I Am Temptation... Apple? // OPEN - by Zed - 07-27-2018, 12:17 PM
    RE: I Am Temptation... Apple? // OPEN - by Zed - 08-17-2018, 09:20 PM