• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Kylin
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    It’s been a few months, and the Brothers are starting to settle in. They’ve found some sort of purpose, if not all peace and happiness, on the island Brennen has chosen for them. He’d like to see more growth, but at least it is not as dead quiet as it was before. However, there are a few issues Brennen feels he has left unresolved. And one of them is not so much a thing, as it is a who. He knows of Kylin, though they do not know each other well, and he has caught glimpses of the mare and hints of her scent as he goes about Kingdom business. It seems, as time flows on, that she had not chosen to follow Krone, Klaudius, and their children to Tephra.

Odd, because the purple stallion had seemed so sure they would all go.

She has kept to herself as far as he can tell, and he thinks she is relatively harmless, but it’s not enough for him that she exists. If she is to stay, regardless of whether she joins the Brotherhood or becomes some sort of permanent visitor, now she’s his. His responsibility; just like the Brothers, and Galilee, and the children. In the quiet moments, he worries about her, but the quiet moments have been few and far between and with four littles under a year, he’s been busy as a father as well as a King. Not to mention his Queen is pregnant again, and growing larger by the day as winter progresses.

Finally, today, he has stolen a few moments to go look for the little purple mare. The children are half-a-year-old and have grown close to many of their babysitters, and will spend the day fending for themselves. Galilee is content to much on salt-sweet grasses in their little inlet, and Brennen can go looking. His dark wings are tucked tightly to his sides, and he strides nimbly across the uneven ground as paths grow narrower and more tangled. He’s gone deep into the jungle and the trees are just beginning to thin for the shore on the side of the island farthest from any landmass when a flash of purple catches his attention.

Brennen halts, head coming up, and he nickers gently before calling her name; “Kylin?”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

@[Kylin]/@[~Sapphire~]

Messages In This Thread
    hold me in this wild, wild world; Kylin - by Brennen - 05-08-2018, 08:04 PM