• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're the beacon / krone
    B
    efore Tephra, the word “home” hadn’t meant much to Wound. Perhaps she would have considered it the sights and sounds and smells of her brothers (the bulk of their shoulders crowding her at night, the dissonant rhythms of their breathing, the scents testosterone mingled with decomposing leaves). In terms of physicality, the hidden forests of Beqanna had been her home — she’d spent all of her childhood weaving under thickly-woven treetops and between gnarled undergrowth.

There is no denying that the volcanic island is her home now, as sure as she understands the word to be. Home is a subjective phrase, but Wound does truly feel the most comfortable among her friends and family on the shores or under the volcano or among the hot springs or in the thick, lava-woven forests. She can understand Krone’s behavior. It’s perfectly acceptable for the once-queen to be going through a lot of emotions and so Wound’s eyes soften with compassion at the sound of the other’s words.

“I don’t blame you,” she admits. A deep breath follows her words, inhaling the tang of brine and seafoam on the shoreline breeze. “I’m sure it’s been a difficult adjustment.” It had been a minor struggle for Wound, transitioning from a life confined to her brothers and the woodland creatures to this large island with its many inhabitants. She can’t imagine having to go from one home — that you’ve worked so hard for — into another you know nothing about.

Although she’s never been to Ischia, the Head of Peace knows the kingdom is surrounded by its own ocean. Perhaps that will give Krone some peace. The waves wash against their feet now, dragging the sand out from under their hooves. “Would getting involved in our caste system help you at all?” Perhaps bringing some purpose back into the mare’s life would help her situation. Wound eases the thought in gently, her tone nothing but understanding. “I’m no queen, but if I went from working my ass off all the time to doing nothing at all I would be miserable.”
    credit to nat of adoxography.

@[Krone]

Messages In This Thread
    you're the beacon / krone - by wound - 04-18-2018, 06:37 PM
    RE: you're the beacon / krone - by Krone - 04-19-2018, 08:31 PM
    RE: you're the beacon / krone - by wound - 04-24-2018, 12:51 AM