• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~

The demon cocks it’s head, tilting towards each one that speaks. Their words are not lost to the holes that are all that exists for it’s ears, though that one thing is rather pointless as it can just as easily listen to their minds. It can’t smile maliciously, nor can Oblivion squint and glare its eyes at them. All it can do is pulse it’s aura towards them finding the chinks in their emotional stress and eating away at it in slow steady waves of fear.
    ~~~
    She shakes out her mane as if an annoying itch tickles at her neck. Hestia hates it when the child invades her thoughts like that. He may not control her, but sometimes she feels lost in his head, or it may be visa versa, but that’s the point isn’t it? Lost on our head, the sick voice leaches back in and it takes everything in her not to bite it or give any outward reaction to the words she knows only she can hear. She stays focused on the conversation. The glossy thing that is tethered to her, that stalks her and moves as her shadow is a cause for unease in the group. Even if it would do nothing to them. The first order she is relieved to find is easily resolved.
    ~~~
    She pushes Oblivion out once more, Hestia is getting better at this. If only it could smile it’s pride for her. The appaloosa catches it’s attention and the demon cannot resist the laugh it throws to the male from Oblivion’s mind, why am I repulsive? A snake, Oblivion likes that, yes a beautiful deadly snake. It’s scales shimmer iridescent in the rays of the sun while it’s tail floats listlessly behind it.
    ~~~
    This will not do, not when she has to do diplomatic tasks. She listens to them pushing the stress of the demon to the back of her mind for now. Brennen’s response has her relaxing somewhat. He could have manipulated it, held onto the aspect like a dog with a bone, but he doesn’t. This tells her more than any of the other words he could use. She closes her eyes with the nod she gives them as each assure her of the equality. Yes she suspected as much, but suspecting is different from confirmation, and everything must be stated in clear concise terms with an alliance.

She can attest to this as she made it clear to Djinni when aligning with Ischia NOT to extend the alliance to Krone herself. Details, details, they can be the beginning or the end of a leader. She won’t let it be her end. She cannot associate herself with a kingdom who’d even have the slightest chance of putting women below them. We will do the same. With that they move on to the next topic.

They bring up ideas for the exchanges and inter-kingdom relations. She doesn’t have any hesitation on this. Very true, if you like we can do a foal exchange for a year. She listens to his response before continuing. We can also meet annually to keep up to date, possibly turn it into a holiday, where all the inhabitants of both kingdoms can mingle? We could conduct our kingdom meetings as sister kingdoms and let them celebrate our unity. The idea had just dawned on her as they spoke of how the diplomacy would work. It would actually make it easier, could be much more efficient, and also would give the kingdoms something fun to look forward to instead of just work.

She listens to their responses before moving on to the training aspect. Yes, training would be good, I myself could use some refreshers. Maybe make that into an event every couple of years? Or just one event. And do a different one at a later time. A smile ghosts, lingering on her lips with the dryness of her humor, and a role of her shoulders occurs when she finishes. It matters little to her which they choose, but to have events happen would be good for Nerine. It would aid in training new warriors and oil the rust away from old ones. When yet another topic has closed off and all have had their say they move to the last.

We have done child swaps with Hyaline and Tephra. Sylva was friendly with us under Sabra, but I must travel to Sylva and see for myself the changes this new king is making, along with Loess. After this I will send a messenger to you and give you my answer. I don’t give a wit about good and evil, the Valley was my second home after all. But I don’t support cowards or those lacking honor either. She breathes in the salty air of her home. They seem almost finished and it’s here that she remembers to bring up the subject of titles. At our meeting several names were brought up, many of them able to be mismatched between one another. Personally my favorites are the Leviathans or Hydrons for Nerine. A balance in gender but still holds the same strength for warriors. She wonders at if Ischia has decided on a name for themselves yet. It ties us to the ocean.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear, you’ll never survive the storm
    I whispered back, I am the storm

@[Brennen] @[Belgaer] @[Trekori]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-13-2018, 05:52 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-19-2018, 01:23 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-22-2018, 12:01 AM