• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Any!

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

What I'd at first believed to be one horse turns out to be two, though they are small in stature and make up about half a horse each - though so do I, to be fair. The colt leaps in front of his sister upon my approach, and my ears flick, slightly baffled at this show of valor in one's own home - and I can tell that it's their home because they smell like they belong here. Trying out a quizzical smile at the twins' antics, I settle and wait for them to figure their shit out, ruffling my wings absently.

Without warning though, my eyes catch on the girl standing just behind her brother, and something inside of me squeezes all funny; those stupid teenage hormones again, and even though I'm not of age, it's like there's some weird animal part of me that can't help but to think about, well, sex. And no no no it's not just that, I mean, she is really pretty - pretty like Wishbone had been when she showed me the sea-squirrels - pretty like I want her to come out from hiding behind her brother so that I can actually get to know her...

As if having read my thoughts, the little bay presses soothing words to her brother's skin and swings herself beneath him to come jauntily up towards me. Feeling a little light-headed at her pretty smile and the way her voice sounds as she says her name (Karat, Karat, Karat, I'll kill myself if I forget it), I smile my own smile a little dumbly, and barely register as she introduces her twin. "It's nice to meet you," I say eagerly, stepping closer to her with a blink of my purple eyes. At the last second, I look to Krom too, managing to salvage the phrase to include them both.

Flustered. Wh-why am I so flustered?

Shaking my head a little to try and clear it of the warm fuzziness that has invaded my usually clear, cool head, I perk my ears to listen to what the colt has to say in regards to their living situation. Born here... Yes, that makes sense. But the boy goes on to ask me a strange kind of question, Karat quickly following up with an explanation for why he'd asked. Interesting; surely they know about the brotherhood takeover. And even then if they didn't, I've been living here for nearly a year - strange that they can't smell that on me, that I belong here and all.

"Oh, I've actually been living here in Ischia since about last fall," comes my voice, a little steadier now that I have something more concrete than the way Karat's eyes glimmer and shine to focus on. "I'm one of the Brothers under Brennen!" I speak the words with an upturn in my voice, hoping to put a positive spin on what had probably ruined their lives for a hot second. Ouch; not exactly how you want to lead with the girl you have a crush on. I hurry past the point, eager to take her up on her offer to explore.

"I've tried to find all the places I can, but I bet you could show me even more," I say, more to Karat than to Krom, my smile widening - but then it falters, and my ears lay back sadly. "Unless you were just on your way out..." My eyes, which had dropped to the earth, lift back up to them hopefully. "I heard at the meeting that lots of your family left Ischia... But I don't think they really had to. And even if they did, you don't have to go, too." A loud gulp swallows from my throat as I speak one last time, a final attempt to make them - her - stay.

"At least, I'd love to have you show me around before you go. There isn't anyone else here my age to go on adventures with..."

@[Neo.n] WOW. I did NOT expect this to be how Kori would want to react :| Enjoy.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Any! - by Trekori - 04-19-2018, 06:17 PM