• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  undo the knots of the past / brennen & trekori
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The stranger tenses up, the sort of action Brennen would never miss, but he is already forcing himself to relax when movement draws his attention, and he lifts his head to watch Trekori amble over to join them; Brennen gives the young stallion a quick half-smile and then his full attention as he joins them and speaks, and nods slowly at the words before flicking his gaze back to the newcomer – Takei, as Kori has introduced him – but he gives them a moment as the gold-and-white boy steps forward to greet his brother.

That is one relationship Brennen has never had; of course he has the many brothers his Kingdom had given him, and some of them are quite beloved to him, but he never knew any siblings on either side of his family. He knows nothing of whether he has any maternal siblings, and while he knows Texas had many children, he was never introduced to them and they do not seem to bond together well. Perhaps this is why he is so intent on giving his own children so many relatives – but he rarely stops to examine those motives except for quite briefly in moments like these.

It passes, before the warrior general has too much time to contemplate his life choices, and he turns his bright gaze back from Kori to Takei, and gives him a little half-smile, a tilt of his head as he considers the horned stallion. He is older than Trekori, but like most younger than Brennen; Kori and Andulvar had been so quick to jump on board with the idea, and he wonders how it will be with Takei. He knows not everyone will be so eager – some will be hesitant, some afraid, some only lukewarm about the concept.

“Hyaline is nice. Cold in the winter though,” he chuckles just a little, thinking about snow in the mountains and how even Hyaline had nothing on how cold the Tundra had been – and how nice Ischia is, in comparison. He’s tempted to walk and talk, because it’s easier to be moving, but he likes how open it is here on the beach – they will see anyone coming long before they arrive, and the sound of the waves conceals quiet conversation from anyone lurking in the cover of the trees. “Takei, how do you feel about adventures?”

Because that’s what this plan is, isn’t it? Brennen’s greatest adventure.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: undo the knots of the past / brennen & trekori - by Brennen - 03-30-2018, 10:48 PM