• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Face to the Sun [Warrick]

Tangerine

In the middle of the night, I go walking in my sleep

A weighted silence grows as their eyes meet, but there is no lack of information passing between them. The way he carefully considered the meaning and impact of his words was something Tang had always admired about this man, and she does not rush him. 

Finally, finally, his expression changes and it is easy to read the relief written there. A bitter-sweet smile brings the light back to her liquid-honey eyes, and Tangerine presses her head into the crook of his neck. She doesn't need his explanation anymore; she knows that she is not losing Warrick despite the absence of his form in her recent dreams. 

'Bring me back'  he pleads, and she draws a breath sharp across her tongue. She was incapable of hearing the ache in his voice feeling deeply.

He always broke her heart in the most gentle of ways.

He had never been a king to her - he was a dancer, a dreamer, a father and a lover. To her, he had become less himself once he took the crown onto his head - she had seen Ellyse's gift as a curse. From the start, it had never been quite right, and she want's to tell him that he would be no less a man if he set down his burden... but she knows that is a decision he has to come to on his own. If he set it down too soon he would never forgive himself.

'I'm not myself anymore,'  he acknowledges.

"you are everything to me," she replies, as his mane falls like a curtain over her own and her lashes dance along his neck. 

The child in her womb shifts, and suddenly she can no longer keep such an existence a secret. Tangerine pulls her face away from its resting place along his neck to watch his lidded eyes - already anticipating the laughter that will make them sparkle. 

"Warrick," she whispers, to draw him back to the present as she places a kiss on each closed eye.

"There is going to be another one," and with these words, the first time this child has been spoken of, the gloomy air around them seems to dissipate like morning steam. " a little girl," she nearly laughs, "with beautiful wings and the sweetest smile you have ever seen."

@[Warrick] I'm going to post the birthing thread next! So if you want to tie this reply into that thread you can, or reply to this one... up to you <3
    [Image: tzang]

Messages In This Thread
    Face to the Sun [Warrick] - by Tangerine - 03-07-2018, 03:59 PM
    RE: Face to the Sun [Warrick] - by Warrick - 03-15-2018, 03:53 PM
    RE: Face to the Sun [Warrick] - by Tangerine - 03-27-2018, 02:06 PM