• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Half of my heart [Diplomatic Mission]
    (Bared teeth. A threat.)

Hidden from Hod’s vision is the way Castile’s eyes narrow briefly and his ears fall slightly backward.

(Trespasser. A threat.)

But it isn’t a malicious show of teeth, but a jagged smile. With desperation, Castile subdues the creature writhing in anger within him. His body leans from one side to the other, his hooves settling in new crevices. Slowly, his eyes brighten again beneath the winter sunlight and further take in the sight of the porcelain male. ”Hod,” he repeats contemplatively in acceptance before shifting his focus to the business at hand.

Ambassadors, diplomacies, alliances.

The words were fleeting memories to him once. Mother would mention them in idle thought, but she had more of a sight for an empire than friends. He remembers how tightly she kept him at her side, how she always had an eye on him when he wanted to roam. Enemies were lined up with agitated relationships with mother. For some odd reason, it thrilled her. Nayl enjoyed the tension, but feared that someone would grab her children as leverage. Castile was a victim of her fear and watched as her reign unfolded with a brutish mindset.

So, he tries to approach his position with a level-headed perspective.

”Thank you,” he says when he looks down to see the pile of leaves clustered at Hod’s feet. A small grin sweeps across Castile’s lips, but recedes when reminded that the Ischia male cannot see him. ”Had I known you were coming I could’ve mustered something up. My apologies,” he doesn’t ask if it’s customary to bear gifts but the thought crosses his mind. ”Lepis seems to be occupied at the moment. If she’s unable to make it here right now, I will gladly bring the leaves to her.” Be kind, he repeats to himself thoughtfully, trying to handle this diplomatic visit as best he can.

A pause settles between them, however, and Castile rolls his broad shoulders in a shrug. ”You’ve traveled far. Would you like to stay to recover or perhaps just rest and drink some water?” Mother never allowed outsiders into Nerine, not unless she was familiar with them, but Castile swerves into a different path than her.

Messages In This Thread
    Half of my heart [Diplomatic Mission] - by Hod - 03-03-2018, 09:28 PM
    RE: Half of my heart [Diplomatic Mission] - by Castile - 03-09-2018, 01:08 PM