• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Beacon of White in a World of Shadows; Khaedrik

A little breeze goes a long way

Ilma ponders on his responses. To her question, he answers that they are alike but different, different in that the dreams by Kagerus, are her own doing, and that his are out of his control. The white winged mare twists her ears in response, thinking, and ignoring the shadows that whisper and tickle while she does. She has stood here for some time now and they have done nothing to hurt her; though naieve maybe, she assumes that they will do nothing else. "They want you to think that, I think. But so far you've been the one in control." she offers him with a wry smile. "You may be better at this magic than you think." She calls it a magic, because, even if the shadows are real, existential beings, it is still a magic to control them.

She steps back as he loosens himself from her warmth. For a moment, it seemed she had been able to help him find a bit of comfort, but then her helpful remark had turned back on her, on them. The shadows return as soon as he does, and she cannot help it but think of it as a shield, an instinctive defensive reaction. He says it would be easier if he weren't alive, and she nods. She is a little shocked, but she knows it to be true. "Yes. Not feeling things, is always easier. If I were dead I would not miss my little sister. But don't you think she would want me to be alive and happy instead? Life is more than just your own feelings," she offers. "Sometimes the one thing to live for, is someone else. Like a sister, or perhaps a lover. Being a shadow like them... well there's still time for that at the end of it; after you have done all other things."

@[Khaedrik]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A Beacon of White in a World of Shadows; Khaedrik - by Ilma - 03-19-2018, 03:03 PM