• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Khaedrik
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    He's gotten taller, though not much wider - we're the same height now, or close enough, but he's still as gangling as he ever has been. It's fucking weird, having him be able to keep up with my strides as I stalk from Hyaline to the forest ("Walk with me before I explode Khaedrik, I need some good goddamn actual company"). And even though his presence usually soothes the tempers I've been finding myself in more and more often (talk about irritable), today, there's practically steam rising out of my ears.

I talk as we walk.

"I just don't understand, Khae. It's like everything anyone says pisses me off, and there's nothing I can do about it." We haven't quite entered the forest yet, we've still a ways to go, but the sun is bright overhead and although I want to relish it and enjoy the final fleeting warmth of a dying autumn, I snarl internally at its blinding light. "And it's just, I -- there's this other thing."

I slow down my pace from rapidly stalking to a sort of deflated shuffle. My nutmeg eyes flash to the boy's black ones, and I try to smile at his goofy and serious face, but the expression probably looks more sour than sweet. "Khae, you know me better than anyone... And you know that I've always tried to be a light kind of person. But lately, it's like all I can think about is the darkness, no matter what."

I watch the teenager's face for a reaction, for any type of emotional input. "And I know that maybe you don't have very much experience with the light yourself, but... Is there something wrong with me?"

Sigh.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Khaedrik]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Khaedrik - by Kagerus - 02-27-2018, 05:22 PM