• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Oh look, a quest!
    This quest is going to be a bit of a mystery, friends.  Instead of the usual jumping right in intro post, I’m going to get your info first and dive in from there.  This will be a writing quest, it’s just going to be a bit of a surprise, yeah?  Trust me, it’ll be fun. SO. No limit on the number of entries, aside from the usual one entry per player.  However!  The Fairy Godfather has a few other rules.  It doesn’t matter if your character has been posted.  There are no prior activity requirements.  But no entrant may have any trace of unnatural color.  No entrant may have participated in any previous quest (the character, not the player. Player can have been in as many as you want, the Fairy Godfather doesn’t care about that.)  And no entrant may have any trait at all.  Not genetic, not kingdom-granted, nada.  Also, keep in mind that there’s a possibility of defect acquisition through participating in this quest, as usual.

One last thing: this is not a speed-based quest.  You will be given specific timeframes (24 hours, 48 hours, the weekend, whatever) and elimination will NOT be based on who is fastest or slowest.  Elimination will mainly be based on your creativity, your horse’s interactions with the world and the characters she* finds there, and the choices she makes. Still interested? Good!

Here’s what the Fairy Godfather needs from you to get started:
    • Name and physical description of your character (color, age, gender, build, eye color, any important scars/markings, the usual)
    • Where your character is and what she is doing when, as per quest-usual, she gets plucked out of her ordinary life by some magical being and thrown into adventure
    • Tell me a little bit about your character.  A little about her personality, her history, significant influences, whatever you think is important. Or, if she’s active, feel free to include a link to a recent post or two.  Or a picture that feels like her, or whatever you think will help convey who she is.  Yes I know this is vague.  Sorry about that.  Roll with it.  It’s going to be okay.  This bit isn't life or death or anything.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask on OOC board or in cbox or what have you.
    • Your three favorite colors. You the player, not you the character. Be as specific or as general as you like, as long as you’re using words instead of numbers.  No wait, feel free to use numbers too if you want, because for example, “puce” means very different things to different people…
    • Go roll the baby stat generator and give me the first number.

You have 24 hours to enter.  Good luck!

* Character can be male.  Picking one gender is just less awkward than typing s/he all the time. -_-

Messages In This Thread
    Oh look, a quest! - by Grumblesnakes - 06-17-2015, 05:19 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by Erebor - 06-17-2015, 06:12 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by devin - 06-17-2015, 06:15 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by Grumblesnakes - 06-17-2015, 06:18 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by Syl - 06-17-2015, 06:33 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by erling - 06-17-2015, 08:40 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by Sinder - 06-17-2015, 09:08 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by Speck - 06-17-2015, 09:18 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by Dagny and Olivier - 06-17-2015, 09:21 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by munroe - 06-17-2015, 11:49 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by Engelsfors - 06-18-2015, 01:07 AM