• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I sold my soul for this [Djinni]

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there...
    dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before...
    Loving with a love that was more than love
    - Edgar Allen Poe
    She’s looking for the genie. The mare had been the Mage of Nerine before Hestia arrived, and the black witch isn’t one to strip rank unless it is necessary. What does need to happen, however, is for her to meet the highest ranked official in her land. It would be quite embarrassing should she have a diplomatic meeting, and not know the horses that hold her most prominent positions. She’s made her way around most of the coast with no luck and is about to head up to the grasslands. When she spots what she knows to be the mare in question. As soon as she is about to make her way over a figure swoops in from the sky. A very familiar figure.

Walter didn’t seem like someone who would just dive out of the sky for anyone. So, she slows her steps, not wanting to interrupt should this be a moment inappropriate for her to walk in on. The way he runs to her, the way that he poetically greets her. Hestia is all to familiar with this, and it tugs at a fresh memory. It stings, having to watch someone else’s happiness, when her own brokenness is so freshly re-created. Her head jerks back in surprise, was this the feeling Pollock had felt on seeing her? Was it so intense for the golden beast that he had to kill her? Once more she finds herself understanding the monster she had hated so passionately. Hestia finds it disgusting that she can sympathize. She finds it disturbing that she knows this feeling. It doesn’t take long for her to turn away from them. Giving them the privacy, they deserve. A sad smile lingers on her face as she turns to leave them to the peace that she wished had been granted to her so long ago.

She travels up the jagged path, and along the edge of the cliff, until there is no chance of her seeing the two of them together. There is no reason for her to relive every single memory of her lover doing the same for her. Instead she looks to the caves, those caves that had helped to heal her a little. Heal her in a way Fennick couldn’t reopen, even when granted that last visit. She still wars within herself, she wants to move on so badly. Only way she knows is to throw up the walls that he had tore down. If she does that, how can she be a good leader? Her lips thin as she looks down at the land she now lays claim to. How to find balance? Maybe finding someone to replace Fennick would help? Walter could have no idea in how large of a role he played in keeping her from cutting the world off. If they had not had that talk… if they had not shared what they had, seeing Fennick the other evening would have been to much for her.

She would have come back here ready to tear the world apart. She would have become the same terrifying monster that Pollock had been to her. An internal battle of self-loathing and anger take place inside her soul. Should I? So lost in thought she doesn’t realize that she has spoken out loud. Wondering if she should forgive herself, forgive Pollock, forgive Fennick… they all played a role in getting her here. Should she forgive any of them? could she find room to forgive? It’s the first time that foreign word had ever flickered across her mind, but then this year is full of firsts for her. And if there was anything they had done for her, it was putting her on this throne. She would have never been there to help begin this kingdom, nor would she have ever even thought about coming back to this kingdom should Fennick and her be together still be together. Change is hard, and she knows change is knocking on her door. It won’t be so polite next time should she ignore it.
    Hestia
    ©Photo by Stanislav Istratov

@[Djinni] ~ if you need me to change anything let me know.
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    I sold my soul for this [Djinni] - by Hestia - 02-17-2018, 01:29 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Djinni] - by Djinni - 02-21-2018, 02:41 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Djinni] - by Hestia - 02-23-2018, 09:39 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Djinni] - by Djinni - 02-24-2018, 02:26 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Djinni] - by Hestia - 03-02-2018, 08:00 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Djinni] - by Djinni - 03-13-2018, 10:19 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Djinni] - by Hestia - 03-20-2018, 06:37 PM