• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Let me sing you a song of heartbreak and ruin -- Garbage

I´m sorry

She is caught so off guard by the statement, by the recognition of these words, that for the second time tonight her breath will fail to escape her lungs, but sits quietly and still, afraid to move for fear that this was all just an illusion. Surely, he is soon to be on his way again, never did she fathom the weight of this reality, and hope springs painfully anew from somewhere inside her. It is like being brought back from the dead with all your death-scars still bleeding.

”I am glad you came back” and the sound of it is so small, so whispered (like an urgent secret, begging for freedom), that she is sure he has not heard her. But in some way he has released her from her torment, from the agony of not knowing where he was or why he drew such intimate memories from her, and this has regrounded (if not, astonished) the sea’s child. He is beside her then and she is comforted by the heat of his body; the sour taste of her sorrow has passed but is replaced by air that seems too thin to breathe. Somehow, she does not feel betrayed by his absence. Somehow, she understands.

”You came back.” She does not ask – this time, she knows. This time the clarity of her voice has returned Spring-sweet, yet the airiness of it is uncharacteristic of even her most gentle tones. She shifts away from him so that the haunted depths of her gaze read more deeply into his, seeking the reflections he hides from her just below the surface. Their patience and girlish beauty harbors beneath much deeper longing, and without losing the sugar-soft veil of her voice, something stronger within her emerges. Someone stronger.

She lets her pale, pale mouth trace the blackness of his shoulder. Plants a soft kiss on his withers; feather-light and promising. She wishes that she could carry his fears on her slender shoulders; that she could soften the trembling edges of his skin, dim the burning fire of insecurities in his eyes. And she would – he need only whisper a quiet plea into her waiting ear. Love begets trust.

”So are you” she whispers then, and there is a tear falling from the corner of her eye.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Let me sing you a song of heartbreak and ruin -- Garbage - by Saedìs - 02-25-2018, 07:57 AM