• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sunshine, won't you be my mother? || ALL
    Valensia
    She’s been recovering, tucked away at home, Valensia still finds the nightmares plague her existence. Every night she startles awake and curls herself amongst her family building her bravery back up piece by piece. The call for a meeting can’t be missed; so, she takes off by air attempting to race the rest of her family there. When she arrives, she coasts down to the back of the growing group and listens to what the king says; looking for the familiar faces of her family all the while. She hears her father’s name and perks up, the pride and gratitude in the voice leaves her wondering what it would be like to take part in kingdom affairs. Then the mention of opportunities for this has her thinking.

Maybe she should ask her parents if she can go? But then what if they say no? what if they think she is too little to take on the responsibility? She bites her lip, she’d always tried to be perfectly good for them, never causing trouble, and never sneaking out of the kingdom. But she’s a yearling now, and Tephra’s her home, can she really ignore this call? While she is thinking others begin replying. Finally, she works up her courage, not daring to look at the faces of those that love her. Fearful of any disapproval they may have about this antic. I would like to go to Ischia, I have wings, I can make it. If those others went with her, then she wouldn’t be alone, she could learn or something.

She doesn’t just want to talk though, becoming part of her father’s guard is something that she has secretly been dreaming about lately. How is she supposed to do that, if she has never taken part in any fights? She needs to learn at some point. Maybe if she learns early on, then she can become a great warrior someday, someone her father can be proud of. Maybe it’s not allowed, maybe no one’s ever thought a yearling capable, but she thinks she is. She’d already experienced an entire lifetime, thanks to the fairies and that crazy writer person that messed up her life.

Heck isn’t there a child ruler around beqanna somewhere? She’s heard the rumors. If a child can rule, why couldn’t she, not-quite-a-child, take part in this. Her diamond armor could protect her while she fights. Valensia sees no reason as to why she can’t participate so she bites her lip flushing deeply in her nervousness. I’d also like to take part in the battle, maybe she will get laughed out of the crowd. Maybe she doesn’t quite understand what is at stake, but she so desperately wants to be a part of this kingdom. He calls them a family, and that is exactly what they are. A beautiful, loving family. She just can’t bring herself to look at her father at the moment afraid to find embarrassment or worse disappointment there.

“And there was you - your fair self,
    always delicately dressed,
    with white firm fingers sure of touch
    in delicate true work.
    I loved you then.”
    - Charlotte Gilman

OOC: couldn’t stop her from asking :/ not sure if yearlings are allowed; so you can just play that off in character if you want lol.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: sunshine, won't you be my mother? || ALL - by Valensia - 02-10-2018, 11:56 PM