• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sunshine, won't you be my mother? || ALL
    Exclamation 
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    Much has happened.

Karaugh’s release of her sentence, the remnants of her seen only by her daughter and son, Kolera and Kryptic. Tangerine’s presence has finally graced Tephra once again, and the bay Overseer is now at peace in even the most chaotic of times with her by his side. The new children far outnumber many of the adults (a scene that Warrick is more than happy to see), and many old faces have returned to stay among the smoke and salt of Tephra’s volcano, as well as new faces from the field or other kingdoms. His daughter, Solace, has taken the helm in Hyaline (he beams at the thought, and pride swells in his chest), solidifying an already strong alliance between the sanctuary and Tephra’s kingdom. He knows Wound will visit the sanctuary soon, to make sure Hyaline continues to run peacefully, and to also check in on his firstborn daughter and son.

New life flourishes within the volcano’s watchful gaze, and it seems to burn brighter with the amount of sheer joy and peace that seems to radiate from each of her residents.

As Warrick calls them to gather, it is not with the solemnity that he had met them before - when Ellyse had turned over the crown to him, and he stood beneath their respectful stares with uncertainty and concern. He is bold and ripe with life, fueled by the birth of his new child as well as Tangerine’s constant guide and wild spirit to soothe him in his time of need. Longclaw has done more than Warrick had expected and brought him a guard to ensure Tephra’s safety, as well as remain a constant figure of strength to the other realms that border them to the south and the west.

“Family,” he begins, once they have encircled him. He does not stand at a precipice to be gazed upon while he looks down on them, but merely walks through them as he begins to speak, meeting noses with his closest and dearest, while giving respectful nods to those who have earned his trust and have only just recently had begun their life here in the tropical land. “We have grown immensely in strength and number - our days our fruitful and our nights are peaceful.” He is smiling, a glow on his auburn face as he walks between them, gently huffing into the cropped manes of the youngest children, Kryptic and his own Wishbone. “We are under the watchful eye of Longclaw’s guard, and he has done his duty to protect all of us. Thanks to Wound and Amorette, many new and bold faces have found shelter within our land. Welcome them as Tephra has welcomed you.”

“Amorette and I are to venture to Sylva soon to solidify a possible alliance. Sylva is the closest to us by land - Ellyse and Dahmer no longer are with us, so a meeting is in order.” He pauses, a frown finding his face at the rumors of their disappearance, and who he would meet in his coming visit. “Ischia is our closest by sea - sealing an alliance with the residents there will ensure us no attacks from our borders, for the time being. Is there anyone willing to travel there - by flight, or by water?”

“Come winter,” he begins again after a long pause, halting and lifting his head stoicly. “All the kingdoms will participate together in a friendly battle. It will be the perfect opportunity to prove to the new leaders around us that Tephra is as strong and resilient as she appears to be, and that being our friend will be more beneficial than being our foe. I will compete, but I must not go alone. Will anyone volunteer to join me?”

He is finished, and with a wide sweep of his head to meet the eyes of each and every one of them, he tells them:

“Go in peace, my friends.”
    Warrick

[OOC] This also counts not only as sign ups for being Tephra's champion, but also as a February activity check! Please reply IC, cause Warrick loves seeing all of you! He is looking for someone to take up the General position as well as Ambassador this month, just a heads up for all of those interested! If you have concerns or questions for Warrick, just state in your IC post that you want to talk to him and he'll respond to thread with you <3333 LOVE YOU ALL LONG TIME!

Messages In This Thread
    sunshine, won't you be my mother? || ALL - by Warrick - 02-10-2018, 09:49 AM