• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I sold my soul for this [Scorch]

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there...
    dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before...
    Loving with a love that was more than love
    - Edgar Allen Poe
    She takes note of the words, meet me here tomorrow ; but keeping her face from showing any response is slightly more tricky of a task. She wants to search for the face that had projected the words, but no, bringing undo attention to someone who has made an effort to keep herself from the spotlight is never a polite, nor smart thing to do. Accordingly, she resigns to swiveling her ears in acknowledgement, it would need to be enough for them. What a lonely place this world is; the kingdom is quiet, to quiet. It’s dangerous, disturbing; and as a monarch, for Hestia, it’s worrisome. They need numbers, they need strength. Isobell seemed to have left some waves in her parting; at least that is some of the rumors she hears being whispered about. Currently the Nerinian’s have no friends amongst the other kingdoms. Yet. No friends yet. The old hag plans on leaving soon for some diplomatic meetings to change that. However, this meeting must happen before she can depart from the land to build their relations. She makes her way to the cliff face, looking down on the waves lapping at their black sandy beaches.

Nerine may not be the Jungle, but she hopes that some of the old blood still pulses in the women’s souls that reside here. If it does, they at least stand a chance of keeping the old ethics, and ideologies intact. The legacy may still survive, even after all this. All the worries, all the stress, it’s nothing; practically mundane for her. The single hard part, is the loneliness as queen. It doesn’t matter how busy she keeps herself, there is still an isolation she feels, standing here, or making speeches to inspire. She, is alone. And who’s fault is that, her lips curl reactively to the bite in the words that tumble about in her head. Always it can pinpoint her most deep-seated insecurities and self-loathing thoughts and pull them to the surface. Why the fuck it bothers her now though is the most troubling. It’s not like she’s been anything but alone in her life. Three years is nothing; it’s a blip in the expanse of eternity. No, not even a blip, she has decades that escape her memory. The alliance battles are coming up, she needs to choose a Champion soon; needs to find an heir to begin training, and…

The mare wonders if there will ever be another moment when her thoughts are not completely consumed with the implications, strategies, and morale of the people. She sets her jaw, reeling in her calculations, bringing herself to focus on the here and now. She is curious to know who it is that can remember the sisters; how it is the woman could guess that she was not sure if she did the Amazons justice. Trying not to offend the people she vowed to protect, while telling them to pull their heads from their asses is never an easy balance. From the looks, and the words exchanged at the meeting; she thinks she saw realization dawn on a few of their faces. Even if there are a few more that realize the need for respect towards their heritage; she hopes she wasn’t overly soft on telling them that they are not entitled. Bringing a crippled kingdom out of self-pity and asking them to leave their bruised egos behind is a lot harder when they don’t even realize they do it. Glad you could make it, she says when the grasses begin rustling with the sounds of an approaching horse. She turns her neck looking over the woman that approaches. She seems so familiar… something scratches at the back of her mind. Has she seen this woman before?
    Hestia
    ©Photo by Stanislav Istratov

@[Scorch] let me know if you need me to change anything in it.
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Hestia - 02-10-2018, 03:10 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Scorch - 02-15-2018, 11:27 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Hestia - 02-16-2018, 11:34 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Scorch - 02-18-2018, 08:23 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Hestia - 02-22-2018, 02:44 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this [Scorch] - by Scorch - 03-04-2018, 06:31 PM