• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are searchlights;
    Siona loves the differences between them: their hooves, knotted manes and tails, the older mare’s uneven step and graying body. She’s seen horses before, of course, but still finds every bit of them fascinating. Where Siona came from, most others looked like her, or could fully shift into any type of fox, so she was hardly unusual-looking. She’s sure that she isn’t the strangest-looking animal in Beqanna, either, although she wouldn’t mind it if she was. Siona was as far from self conscious as anyone could be.
    Wishbone’s mother, Wound, is warm and soothingly friendly; Siona likes her already. Wishbone, like the fox-girl, is brimming with excitement, but settles as Wound gently touches her daughter and blows across her neck and shoulder. It subdues Siona too, strangely, as she watches, eyes large and inquisitive, what would be deemed too intimate in her family. The quiet only lasts for a moment before Wound asks if she is looking for a home.
    “I wasn’t, really,” - she’d only been wandering - “but I bet wherever you live is great!” She says, brightening again. “I’ll come with you. Can you tell me about it on the way?” With that, she stamps her feet in place, punctuating her decision to find a new home.

we can continue the thread in Tephra, if you want! Smile
    please tag siona in all replies.

Messages In This Thread
    we are searchlights; - by siona - 02-09-2018, 04:16 PM
    RE: we are searchlights; - by wound - 02-09-2018, 06:20 PM
    RE: we are searchlights; - by siona - 02-11-2018, 02:39 PM
    RE: we are searchlights; - by wound - 02-12-2018, 08:32 PM
    RE: we are searchlights; - by siona - 02-15-2018, 02:56 PM