• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

love is a temporary madness... {Weir, any}

Her laughter is pleasant, tinkling in his eardrums in good nature. The notes fit the Dale like they are made for it, tilting on the breeze like birdsong. He was glad he had decided to come after all, to follow the bay to her sprawling homeland. She offers her ears, taking an interest in learning, he admires that. 

As he shares news of his trait, she receives it in stride. Which is all very well to him. His brow furrows a bit when she mentions how the magicians of the area throw their power about. He did not particularly enjoy the company of that sort of equine, the disregard hinting at deeper character issues. He tried his best to get along with all in truth, but sometimes conflicting personalities or values just couldn't mesh.

Weir learns that his new friends father was also a magician, and not a good one at that. What luck was it that he did not find Elysteria to have a dark nature, she presented herself as rather the opposite of that. A warm and welcoming disposition, a true kindness. Darkness crosses her facade, if briefly, the thoughts behind it unknown to him. Just as soon, she mentions the heart of the Dale,eager to begin lessons.

Weir nods before speaking."Righty oh then! Let us be on our way, ahhhh, oh yes." He trots up to the river bank, amber orbs searching, before he shakes his russet head."Just there, the little brown bird, see his notched bill?" He indicates the wren shaped bird on the opposite side, it's long legs scurrying."Cinclus mexicanus, or Dipper bird. He can swim under water, even walk on the bottom! Can you imagine? Would I could do the same. Why, I think I could catch a turtle, no I am sure of it."

Eclectic Vagabond of the Dale

Messages In This Thread
    Because this is what love is - by Elysteria - 07-13-2015, 06:53 PM
    RE: love is a temporary madness... {Weir, any} - by Weir - 07-14-2015, 09:45 PM
    Because this is what love is. - by Elysteria - 07-20-2015, 04:45 PM