• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You are My Sunshine [Amorette]
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    With Karaugh gone and the return of his wandering lover, Warrick’s mind is at ease. Longclaw’s capabilities (and cutthroat attitude) left him little to worry about when it came to Tephra’s army (and he is sure Levi is somewhere in the mix, appropriately so) and any chance of attack from an outside kingdom would be met with full force of the fire-wielding stallions. He does not mind their intimidating personas, and rests easy knowing they are willing to protect Tephra and its residents at all costs. He also hopes with the captivity of Karaugh and the realization of his ferocity in the midst of those who do not respect Tephra, that strangers will think twice before stepping up to challenge him or his kingdom.

Amorette is correct - he warms himself beneath the vast behemoth of the volcano that rises from the ground, its heat radiating from the depths of its lava-filled chasms. Despite the humidity and sweltering temperature of the air around him, he is comforted by its pulsating warmth, knowing that is hearth remains his resting place and harbor when his mind is too full of kingdom duties. The afternoon sun shines down upon the broad auburn of his back, his wings loosely hanging at his sides. It is at this moment, Amorette appears.

To his knowledge, Kolera and Kryptic have left with their mother. The Overseer had hoped Kolera would come to find him, but he figured the situation had been too difficult for her to remain in Tephra - Levi’s participation seems to have deterred her (and he wonders of Amorette, as well, as she strides forward to meet him) and he wouldn’t be surprised if he would not see the young woman again any time soon.

“Amorette!” His voice is light as his wings pull together and tuck carefully into his barrel, bobbing his head gently at her arrival. “Fancy meeting you here again,” he tells her with a chuckle, remembering their last time they spent together near the volcano. He can still feel the ferocity of the lava against his flesh, and the immense pain yet relieving feeling of her magic working on his skin. He had about to continue his conversation, ask her how she has been, but not a few seconds later, he realizes she is not alone.

He cannot hide the surprise etched on his face when Kolera and the young colt arrive with her, his brows rising to give way to a slack-jawed look of shock. “Kolera?” he questions, tossing his head and bringing his chin to his chest. The child he was not worried about (not yet, anyway) and thus his eyes to not trail to the colt, and instead his ears flick back apprehensively. Is Karaugh around the corner? He isn’t sure if he should be happy to see Kolera, or if anger would threaten to spill over as it begins to bubble in his chest. “Kolera.” He repeats again, this time sternly and with a seriousness that leaves all joy and light-heartedness from his features. It is the same voice and look that crossed his face when Karaugh had been released - it is the crown that brings out this side in him, it is an Overseer that they are standing before, no longer is he only Warrick. “This better be all who is in your company this afternoon, Amorette.” He speaks to the smoky mare, but his crystaled eyes never stray from Kolera, or the space behind her where he hopes Karaugh does not appear. His banishment did not extend to Kolera (or to the child), but there is no predicting where the buckskin woman would come from, or if she’d come searching for her children.
    Warrick

@[Amorette]
    @[Kolera]

Pretending this is a few days after Karaugh's release and after Warrick/Amore's trek up the volcano <3

Messages In This Thread
    You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Kryptic - 01-08-2018, 10:34 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Amorette - 01-10-2018, 03:54 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Kolera - 01-10-2018, 08:26 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Amorette - 01-13-2018, 04:10 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Kolera - 01-15-2018, 08:15 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Amorette - 01-18-2018, 02:53 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Warrick - 01-18-2018, 06:33 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Kolera - 01-20-2018, 08:49 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Amorette - 01-21-2018, 08:10 AM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Warrick - 01-23-2018, 07:17 PM
    RE: You are My Sunshine [Amorette] - by Kolera - 01-24-2018, 09:58 PM