• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I've got no roots; Terran/Any

Terran

I can never know what lingers in the darkness of Titanya’s heart. I will never be privy to her secrets or the past we never shared, I’ll never know what it was like for her - roaming all those years alone with so much knowing and no way out.

I can only relate with her on the level I know best: familial. The fact that she’s changed makes no difference (I look and act differently too) because beneath it all there’s still the hint of her, the same sister I left so long ago.

How long ago had it been? Ramiel had ascended, I remember that. I remember feeling that my own destiny was not carved out for greatness and so I’d left; it seemed easier that way. But I shouldn’t have. I shouldn’t have gone and assumed that in my wake, everything would remain whole and perfect. It was a child’s dream, one I’d held onto for so long that it became a reality. A reality that left me hopelessly alone and close to wild, close to forgetting everything that made me who I am.

So I’m glad she’s back.

“Oh hello to you too.” I mumble, breaking free from the clinging vines and new growth that seemed to inhibit me at every turn. I feel trapped here sometimes too - no space to spread my wings or drift, only winding trails and shadowy thickets. “I was on my way out to find you.” I smile, easing into a halt before ruffling the overlarge appendages on my back. I still can’t seem to shake the feeling of wonder at her being here. Titanya, alive and well. Titanya, here in Taiga and willing to live what remainder of a life I had with my small (and somewhat confusing) brood.

I feel almost whole again. “Ander and Jinju will be excited but I’d rather hold off on informing them for a bit.” I chuckle, curving my bald face away from her to manage some quick preening, “They’ll have a million questions and selfishly, I’d like my own answered first.” I explain, turning back to her with a heavy sigh now that I’m settled for conversation.

I’d rather not scratch at the past, it belongs to memories, the heart, and nothing else but the absence of a lifetime is too tempting to leave alone. “What ever happened to you?” I offer as a way of beginning, unbidden sadness reaching the usually warm depths of my eyes.

All around these golden beacons, I see nothing but black

@[Titanya]

Messages In This Thread
    I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Titanya - 12-17-2017, 03:12 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Terran - 12-19-2017, 03:26 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Titanya - 01-07-2018, 06:23 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Terran - 01-09-2018, 05:59 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Titanya - 01-14-2018, 06:18 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Terran - 01-16-2018, 05:09 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Ander - 01-20-2018, 03:25 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Jinju - 01-20-2018, 04:26 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Titanya - 01-30-2018, 05:38 PM