• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Run faster than my bullet [Open]

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
    You'd better run, better run
    Out run my gun

Much to Harrier's dismay, it was not a flying horse to save her. No, instead there was some ragged sea-monster horse that scared the crab back into her shell and then also distracted her from the game she created herself. She shies away from him for a moment, but the bravery and stubbornness halts her in her tracts. She curses herself for not listening closer. Isn't that what Mother said? Because of her ear...or at least the lack of one. Her lone left ear twitches back and forth as she tries to decide what to do. Mother said she must always be wary of strangers but she didn't say specifically not to talk to them. Plus she doubted this one could keep up with her long legs! Confident she could run away if she needed, Harrier approached him and sniffed him gingerly at his nostrils. "Whoa Mister...what happened to you?" Her voice was full of wonder, and not a bit afraid. She was tough! She could already rear up and strike at her mother's shoulder in practice!

She was not extremely helpful. After touching his nose in greeting, she circled around him, investigating. It's only then that she realized that he had asked her a question. She cursed herself for not listening better. "Oh, uh...Mother is up on the Dunes grazing. Can't you see her?" The blue eyes look out towards the distant figure of her mother who did not seem to notice that there was a sea-monster talking to her daughter. Scyla stood out far more than Harrier did on the coastline. The pale white mare stood out against the yellows and golds of the beach whereas Harrier liked her color to the sand beneath their feet.

Perhaps she was not the most helpful of creatures. "Are you a sea-monster?" It was an honest inquiry, and she stopped in front of him again, her pink nose wrinkled up against the smell of seaweed and blood. Forgotten was the shell and it's intruder. There was a new game afoot and Harrier was keen on seeing what would happen!

@[Bragi] Sorry not sorry she's a snotty kid? Scyla will join them...eventually! Smile

Messages In This Thread
    Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Harrier - 11-25-2017, 01:03 PM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Bragi - 11-26-2017, 11:52 AM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Harrier - 11-26-2017, 12:54 PM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Bragi - 11-26-2017, 02:31 PM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Harrier - 11-26-2017, 09:24 PM