• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Run faster than my bullet [Open]

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
    You'd better run, better run
    Out run my gun

Only a few weeks old, it was clear that Harrier had a very independent spirit and would not be easily persuaded from what her mind thought up. Perhaps it was an improvement to the broken mind that her mother carried. Perhaps it was a throw back to her heritage, or the strong personality of her father--whoever that was. Regardless, the blonde child was on the beach, had wandered from her mother's side. She could still see Scyla at the dunes, but she played at the water's edge. In the distance she could see the Volcano, but Scyla had yet to take her daughter out beyond the sea cliffs. It seemed that Harrier was doomed to the microworld of the oceanside. Harrier was ok with it for the moment.

The sands made her stronger and the daily lessons with Mother on how to fight, how to defend herself were entertaining. Harrier had the brains for sure, but she really had yet to interact with anyone other than her Mother. Perhaps they were all alone on an island! Stranded! Harrier would save the day! If she built a structure, maybe there would be another winged horse that could actually fly (Mother said with time, she would be able to fly again--Harrier was not sure she believed it) that would see it and come to rescue them!

She started by gathering seashells, the bright white ones. Her blue eyes combed the sand before finding the PERFECT one, and she went off galloping off to get it. Sliding to a stop, she bent down and nudged the shell. To her wonderment and dismay, a crab crawls out of the shell. Squealing in frustration, and glancing towards her mother, who simply lifted her head and then left her to figure it out on her own--she stomped her foot near the crab. To her amazement it crawled back into HER shell! The nerve of it. She nudged it with her nose, and then backed up. It came out and tried to crawl away with her treasure again! She followed it for a few steps, trying to figure out the best way to get rid of the creature.

Messages In This Thread
    Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Harrier - 11-25-2017, 01:03 PM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Bragi - 11-26-2017, 11:52 AM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Harrier - 11-26-2017, 12:54 PM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Bragi - 11-26-2017, 02:31 PM
    RE: Run faster than my bullet [Open] - by Harrier - 11-26-2017, 09:24 PM