• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm not the devil but i won't be your hero. || ALL
    You're looking at an absolute zero;
    I'm not the devil but I won't be your hero.
       The time had come, and time had not been easy on him.

His immortality had escaped him – washed away with the tireless, ravenous tide, adrift at sea as the fervent and blistering inferno of the once flickering flame within him grew within the hearth of his chest. No longer could he cling to his youth – nearly two hundred years had come and gone, and at last, age had begun to set in, drawing subtle creases beneath the darkness of his crimson gaze, around the rim of his dark lips and along his jaw. The fierce and furious flame often tired him, and he yearned for tranquility, for solace and quiet – the once King, the watchful Overseer was tired, and as the mending wound etched into his left cheekbone inflicted by Nayl was a fierce reminder of the tireless tension and emotional strain of bearing the burden of leadership between the ridges of his shoulders.

As his dark and storming gaze searches the frothing tide, watching the waves hungrily pull at the rhyolite-laden shoreline, he is silent, contemplative – but there is no restlessness within his chest; no hesitance or apprehension. Tephra had been carved by so many, and he knew it would carry on long beyond his own time – it would be forever etched into the history of a unyielding time, relentless, and there is no worry weighing his mind that Tephra no longer needed him – that perhaps it had not needed him at all.

His voice carries in a loud bellow through the thick and stifling humidity of the volcanic island – he had loathed it, once, but the scent of sulfur and the constant heat of the bubbling, pluming volcano had become a part of him. A part of all of them. His heart is weary because time had made it so, but it is filled with warmth at the thought of those who called Tephra their own, just as he did. The memory of Tantalize curled up against the broadness of his chest, with unborn life blossoming within her womb, pushes him to do what he must – he cannot bear the burden any longer; he craves simplicity and to be by her side, to savor what he had so often taken for granted in favor of leadership.

No longer.

Time – unyielding, it would wait for no one, and he would not be so foolish as to let precious memories slip away.
    Not again.

He is quiet, waiting, as each come forth from the dense, swaying vegetation of the grassland, watchful and anticipating what he might say. There are some that might see it coming – there are some that might not; there are some that he might not yet know at all and there are some that might not yet know him. Alas, when the fading sunlight touches the rim of the horizon, bathing the steppe in auburn light, his rumbling voice rises, echoing in the thick and heavy air of sunset.

”Brother and sisters,” he pauses, ”the time has come for me to step down. Tephra is a part of me, as it is a part of you, and I am old – I am old, and I am tired,” he muses, the faintest of smiles touching the darkness of his whiskered mouth. ”it is time for another to carry the heart of Tephra with them, to bring us closer to greatness and security. Your Head of War, Ellyse, will carry Tephra as the Overseer, to guard and protect the heart of the volcano and all that lie within the border.”

And then, quietly, softly, ”It has been a pleasure serving you.”
    OFFSPRING
    another zealot with the weight of the fucking world.

Okay, so. Originally, Radar was meant to take Tephra with Warrick, BUT we all know how hectic life can be and for now she has asked to be passed for the promotion. Tephra is ready to be passed on to someone else. I am ready to move on with my character development with Offspring and take him elsewhere, and Sii (Dahmer) and Cal (Longclaw) currently have kingdoms/territories of their own - thus, Ellyse is Overseer, but only temporarily. :| Much like Cal, I'm an open book. Show your activity, your desire to lead Tephra, and Tephra will be yours!

Messages In This Thread
    i'm not the devil but i won't be your hero. || ALL - by Offspring - 11-06-2017, 01:23 PM