• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but all I see is you and me -- anyone

the fight for you
    is all I've ever known --

She had missed her home. It’s been years, but from the second she slips across its borders it’s like she has never been gone. Immediately she is flooded with the familiar imagery of the autumn-colored trees set ablaze atop the hillsides, the rolling emerald sea of grass, and the snow-capped mountains that encircle like a guardian. This was what she had pictured as she lay beneath a familiar sky but in far-off and unfamiliar places, doing her best to swallow away the homesickness. It was hard, when it was all she saw when she closed her eyes. Despite the sadness and the longing to go back, she couldn’t shake the feeling that she needed to see what else was out there. It was a restlessness she is certain she learned from her father.

But she never found what she thought she was looking for, and so it is home that she has come back to. She inhales the sweet scent of the meadow, exhaling with a sigh and a smile that settles across her lips. But even as stands atop a knoll she can see that things have changed. Mainly, the faces. She knows that she will not see her mother or her siblings. They are all long gone by now. She is mostly sure that her father is no longer here, despite having the same immortality that she had inherited from him. Jarris never was one to stay rooted, and her mother only just barely being able to grasp onto him. If their love had not been so infinite and powerful Keiran isn’t sure if he ever would have stayed around. Without Plumeria here, she is certain that the gray-eyed stallion had disappeared. These thoughts cause her heart to constrict, the joy of being home briefly clouded by the idea that she was, in an essence, just as alone as she had always been.

One thing that she was certain of though was that for as long as Beqanna was here, it would still hold its same magic. Not just the magic that created traits and vibrant colors, but the magic that made everything here what it was, the thing that made it irreplaceable. The opportunities for love, friendship, and memories were still abundant. She just had to find them. With a breathy sigh and a hopeful glint in her dark brown eyes she begins to make her way closer to the heart of the meadow, not really searching for anyone in particular. Her eyes flick here and there, searching their gazes, but no one seems too keen on making eye contact. They were all preoccupied with their own conversations, and she finds herself growing discouraged.  She comes to a stop near the stream, peering down at the water as it slips easily between the cracks of the rocks. With a front hoof she scuffs a pebble into the water, watching it sink to the bottom, and she sighs again, the hope slowly fading away.

K E I R A N
    immortal daughter of
    jarris and plumeria

Messages In This Thread
    but all I see is you and me -- anyone - by Keiran - 10-26-2017, 10:58 PM