• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any]

tantalize

I’ll have a reason good enough

I’ll believe in you and trust

On the day you finally see that the way you treated me

Was a far cry from love

It has been months since that night beneath the pale moon and the still ocean. Months since she had pressed her lips to his and promised to see each other again. Months. The moment was still fresh in her mind as if it had been yesterday. The way he had begun to crack her foundation, the fire he had stirred within her dying coals, the way she had clung on to control when it had become too much.

She had waited by the coast, wondering if he would come. He did not. She had debated going back to the volcano lands to find him but the image of Reagan was still just as fresh and her pride kept her from seeking him. From appearing weak. He has a kingdom to rule and she understands this greatly. Still, she can’t help but wonder if perhaps that night had only been a blip on his radar. It had meant much to her but maybe…. Maybe she had too much baggage after all.

Instead of seeking him she drifts around Nerine, prowling like the cat she is. Mostly alone. She watches the swell of the ocean rise and break. The sun rise and fall. He never comes.

The silence is deafening and she can finally stand it no longer. The soft down of her ebony feathers spread as she leaves the coast and heads inland. To her birthplace where her solitude doesn’t seem so bad among the bodies and the rush of voices. The Meadow has the usual mix and mingle of different scents and she becomes lost within them. Her dappled spots make her stand out from the crowd but she doesn’t mind, finding that she doesn’t want to blend in. Not today.

Golden eyes scan the others for a familiar face, peering discreetly from under the wild tendrils of dark hair. She has come to appreciate Nerine for what it is but it has made her hungry for socialization. Makes her realize that perhaps there were things in her life she was missing. Things that being alone can’t give her. She doesn’t expect to find him there, not when time has passed so quickly between them. She hopes she is wrong.

When she has given up searching, she instead begins to travel directly through the crowds, in the middle of the land. Where she won’t be missed, where someone is bound to see her and acknowledge who and what she is. The jaguar has grown tired of isolation.

@[Offspring]

Messages In This Thread
    another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any] - by Tantalize - 10-14-2017, 01:00 AM
    RE: another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any] - by Offspring - 10-14-2017, 01:45 AM
    RE: another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any] - by Offspring - 10-14-2017, 12:47 PM
    RE: another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any] - by Offspring - 10-15-2017, 01:45 PM
    RE: another day I wake without your touch [Offspring/Any] - by Offspring - 10-16-2017, 02:38 PM