• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Wolf mother at the door- she don't smile anymore [Amet]

Tangerine

In the middle of the night, I go walking in my sleep

"I can't sleep, I cant close my eyes without being back there in his lair, I can't think straight."

"He hurt me." He betrayed her and he tortured her, she wants to tell the golden stallion more, but she is afraid that every secret will bring her one step closer to walking back on her decision to leave. But as she starts speaking the words flow with sincerity, trying to make him understand. 

"We have switched places, haven't we? You came here a lost and hurting boy, and you've grown so beautifully into someone who knows himself and others take strength from you. You have so much to give, and I'm so happy I was able to be apart of that transformation. But now, I've just passed through the darkest part of my story and I need what you needed then, to leave to make a new life away from someone who has pushed me down and convinced me that I am less than what I am. It took me six months, but I now know he isn't right, and I know I can get better again, but I have to leave to do it."

The thought of returning to the plains of her childhood, outside of Beqanna, had been festering since the day she had spoken with Cordis. After Carnage, Tang had been struggling step out of the fog he had left her in- maybe it was wishful thinking, but she felt that the weeks of travel and seeing her brother and mother again would ground her, remind her of what she had lost and hopefully allow her the feel safe again.  It was a place where she had only known love. She was tired of traveling Beqanna alone from one side to the other. She wanted to travel with a herd, dance under the moonlight and never wake up in the same place twice - but she didn't want to do it alone. She wanted to go someplace where her sad story wouldn't cloud the eyes of her companions. 

"There are no dark gods hiding in the golden wheat of my home, there is only Alma, the mother, and her moon dances - her children."

Unlike their last meeting, this time his anger soothes her.  Her anxious heart had told her he would not care, he would be happy to see her go, and their parting would be brief. But she is still relieved when it passes and as he takes a step back and she steps forward, unwilling to let the reunion end before making things right. 

"I'll be back someday, I promise." And she smiles genuinely for the first time since Carnage called her name. "Remeber, I know things? And I know I'll be back, I just need some space from Beqanna for a while. But I want to leave knowing we are still friends." She had known him long enough to see the questions welling up in his eyes. "Ask me anything, I will answer as best I can."

@[Amet]
    [Image: tzang]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Wolf mother at the door- she don't smile anymore [Amet] - by Tangerine - 10-18-2017, 09:04 PM