• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i see a bad moon rising - Isobell

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    Time away from the sea has dulled his drive; the little springs of Loess were not enough to quench the entirety of his thirst.

The stallion had not linked the changes with the lack of water. He has assumed he was growing up: becoming more responsible, more predictable. And he has been, but it is more than just maturity. He knows that now, having found his spring, having felt the months of dust slide off his scales and seen the darkness of truly deep waters once again.

More alert now, he has been even more careful. The desire to

(hunt)

is little more than a murmur. He knows what it is now, knows how to keep it subdued. To keep some things safe, other must be sacrificed. That is the way that it has always been; Ivar is only now wrestling with the truth of it. Sometimes it is easy (the little yellow mare with conrflower blue eyes) and other times it is more difficult (the green dun had fought), but in the end everything that must be safe is safe, and Ivar will keep it that way.

Isobell is such a thing that must be safe. There is too much to her, too many strings. Castile, Nayl, Nerine, Politics, Siblings.

She is safe on every level that Ivar can list and yet the soft flutter of her heartbeat is like ten thousand drums. She looks to the west and Ivar watches her, his dark eyes tracing the sleek line of her neck. It would be easy to lean forward, and so he does. He stops just beside the tender place where her jaw meets her neck, where it would be so easy to

(take.)

His breath ghosts across the dark hair there, but reason and summertime win out, and he only tugs at a silky strand of her mane as he tells her:

“If I do, I’m sure none are as handsome as I am.”

Encouraged by his recent success at reining himself in and emboldened simply by his own nature, Ivar presses his shoulder to her own. This is only a test, he tells himself; if it succeeds then he can be certain she will remain safe.

“Besides, if you preferred my hypothetical brother to me it’d surely break my heart.” He winks, and the gesture says that he is only jesting. “I know you’re trying your hardest to resist my charms,” adds the young stallion, “and you could stop resisting anytime, you know.” His voice doesn’t change, nothing changes, but as he pulls away as though to lead them to Loess he keeps his eyes locked to hers.

He needs to see the results of this test, to see if he is strong enough to keep her safe. He’s used his lesser known skill, the hypnosis. He could have forced her, but he’d rather use her own underlying desires. It feels less like cheating, that way, less like he is skewing the results and taking advantage of the young princess. The stallion is certain that she wants him – they all do – but he has always preferred to remove barriers to action than force action. Hyponsis is only suggestion, after all, and it is far easier to work with an existing desire than to plant an entirely new one.

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis

Ok so in my head I thought that setting them up for Ivar to reject her would be mucho fun and maybe set things up for down the road and also give Iso a reason to go to the party but if that does not appeal to you we can do whateverrr!

Messages In This Thread
    i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by Ivar - 09-30-2017, 10:38 PM
    RE: i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by Ivar - 10-02-2017, 08:19 PM
    RE: i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by kahzie - 10-08-2017, 11:09 AM
    RE: i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by Ivar - 10-13-2017, 06:22 PM
    RE: i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by Ivar - 10-14-2017, 04:04 PM
    RE: i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by Ivar - 10-15-2017, 12:56 PM
    RE: i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by Ivar - 10-15-2017, 10:33 PM
    RE: i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by Ivar - 10-16-2017, 07:02 AM