• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Edge of the World [Tangerine/Any]
    Diable Rouge
    >

"I think it would mean a lot if you would speak with her." 

His body tenses at the thought - he knew it was necessary to speak with the child. The thought of having to talk to Solace about his own experiences, and how it wasn't her fault, made his stomach turn. Secretly, he had always wished for someone to come to him and tell him that his mother's murder was in no way caused by his actions...he had never received this talk. And now he was letting Solace feel the same way. How could he be so self-centered? She was growing older by the minute, and he could not allow the burden of Kaiode's death to lay on her shoulders. He knew all too well what that kind of guilt can do to a child. He casts his gaze over to Tangerine and sighs, nodding his head sharply. 

"I should've done it sooner," He admits, turning his crown to face forward once more. "I was selfish, Tang. I'm sorry." He swallows the lump in his throat, and forces himself to make arrangements to meet with the little light. "Her and I, we need to talk. We have more in common than she knows...I hope I can save her some pain."
    in the eye of a hurricane, there is quiet.

\

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The Edge of the World [Tangerine/Any] - by Diable Rouge - 09-21-2017, 09:35 PM