• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

of crushed dogwood and bruised apples; any
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

She is drawn further into the territory, coaxed by the beauty of the lake. Amet doesn't blame her for her one track mind as she heads, determined, for the crystalline waters - he, too, had been magnetized to the place for the very same reason. She has come only a few weeks too early; soon (he has been waiting impatiently) the trees will be in full blossom once more, the warm air heavy with fragrance, signifying the dawning of a new year and the Dragon King's favorite season. His friendly eyes watch the dunskin mare as she advances, and finally her gaze is pulled from the lucid millpond and towards himself, glistening just the same.

She, the lithe deer-like creature, stares at him as he introduces himself but appears not to look. He smiles at her for a moment before he breaks eye contact, his own amber eyes turning to overlook azure basin once more. The vibrancy of his lakeside home draws his breath out in an appreciative sigh before the dunskin finally returns his greeting. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Keeper," he responds warmly as he turns his head back to look at her. The mustang's murmured inquiry causes his mouth to twitch upwards and he gives her an innocent shrug. "I still haven't figured that out, myself," he chuckles warmly, "It's nice to meet someone who can appreciate it as much as I do. You should see it in the spring, when the flowers begin to bloom."

The gilded stallion regards her curiously, hoping that she takes his statement as the invitation that it is. He shifts his weight comfortably against the shoreline, his tail waving lazily in the light breeze as he inquires about her journey. "Is there something I can do for you, Keeper? You're more than welcome to continue exploring, if you'd like, unless there is something else?"
    Amet

@[keeper]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: of crushed dogwood and bruised apples; any - by Amet - 09-24-2017, 02:06 PM