• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

how you left me in this place [Grimdark]

tantalize

I will try to hold you up

Through those times you are gone

You won’t do this alone

It has been too long since she had wandered, explored. Becoming too complacent standing by the sea. Once she had been a nomad, calling the Meadow her home. Long before she had connected with the jungle, when she had known the boy of stone. The memories are not as clear as they use to be, time aging them and slowly trickling them away. It’s more confusing now that the lands have broken apart and reknit themselves into something new. Even the meadow, which should have always been familiar, was a little different now.

Today she needs an adventure, something different. From the cliff she steps out, ebony wings unfurling and catching the sea breeze as it whips beneath her. It’s not a far trip when her sooty hooves touch down some feet from the rushing river. Here was a new place, something to be discovered. The jaguar mare looks about with a judgmental cast of her golden eyes. Where to begin, where to start. The water is the most obvious choice. She prowls closer to it’s bank, curved lobes pricked forward to catch the soothing sound of it’s movement. It’s not like the ocean but calming all the same. Even though winter has frozen most of it, there is still some places where the water still flows.

Slowly she begins to follow it’s path downstream, simply enjoying the break in routine. Her muzzle lowers to nose about the muck of dirt and snow. Displacing a rock to touch the glossy moss hidden beneath. To lip at leftover roots still peeking from the frost. Feeling something she had not felt in so long, since she had been a foal.

@[Spink]

Messages In This Thread
    how you left me in this place [Grimdark] - by Tantalize - 09-07-2017, 04:35 PM